13: Reunite

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng were herded off to a raised platform on a small leveled hill. It showed of the Wen's power and hill from the strong elegant pillar to the marble stairs and platform. Wei Wuxian couldn't admire them. His eyes were drawn towards the crowd of disciples that were gathered around on the platform. He recognised the sect uniforms of the Jin, Nie and a few others of some minor sect. Wei Wuxian had wanted to see only one sect's uniform, or rather, one person. The Lan sect heir was no where in sight. 

Wei Wuxian had prepared to run away and find Lan Wangji among the maze of bodies. Jiang Cheng had held him back by the scruff of his robes. "Don't go running around and ruin our Sect's name, you idiot" Jiang Cheng had growled at him. Wei Wuxian pouted at him and squirmed in his hold. Just then, a man a few years older that Wei Wuxian himself had came in, climbing down the steps that led to the main halls of the Wen palace. He had an arrogant look on his face. Wei Wuxian had prepared himself to think of all the Wens with an air of arrogance. Wei Wuxian stared at the woman who was clinging to his side, her robes were loose and her cleavage was on a clear display. She had pouted up at him, her cheeks and lips smeared with rogue. Wei Wuxian recognised the man as Wen Chao the second son of Wen Ruohan. The man had settled on a throne like seat that was kept on the bottom of the stairs, the woman sat on his lap, hanging her arms around his neck. Wei Wuxian noticed another man in the Wen robes, he had a cold aura and emotionless face. "Hey, who's that man next to Mr. Arrogant?" Wei Wuxian  leaned towards Jiang Cheng and whispered. Jiang Cheng snorted at the nick name, "He's Wen Zhuliu, the core melting hand. He was rumored to have a unique technique that can destroy the golden core." he says. Wei Wuxian nods, intrigued. 

Wen Chao looked a little behind the gathered juniors, Wei Wuxian noticed the crowd falling quite. He turned intrigued. Wei Wuxian watched, with his heart in his throat, as Lan Wangji climbed up the stairs and onto the platform, a few more Gusu Lan disciples were trailing behind him. Lan Wangji's normally impenetrable mask of indifference looked even more colder and unapproachable. The Lan disciples that were behind Lan Wangji looked wary, dark circles under their eyes. Wei Wuxian felt worry wind up his spine. Lan Wangji came to stand in front of the crowd, next to Wei Wuxian. He itched to ask Lan Zhan what was wrong, but before he could voice it out, Nie Huaisang from next  to him spoke, "Wangji Xiong, are you alright? I saw you limping and the others looks bad for work too." Wei Wuxian startled at the fact Lan Wangji was limping, he was so focused on Lan Wangji's face he did not notice. But now that he looked closely he saw  Lan Wangji favoring his left leg less than his right. Wei Wuxian clutched Lan Wangji's sleeve, he did not look up. "Lan Zhan are you alright? Do you need medical help? Lan Zha-" he was cut off when Lan Wangji turned and glared at him. He let his sleeve go and felt his heart stutter. "Wei Ying, I am alright. Now please, concentrate to what is being said" Wei Wuxian looked down, feeling worry and anger spiraling inside him. He was worried for Lan Wangji and angry at who ever hurt him. But, he did look up at Wen Chao who was bragging about the greatness of the Wens. He noticed how the later often glanced at Lan Wangji and gave him a smug look. Lan Wangji only glared, his eyes cold and walls erected. Wei Wuxian almost laughed when Wen Chao scowled at the boy's glare before he looked away. 

"I expect you to learn all the rules and teachings of the Wen sect and repeat the phrases when asked. I will give you time till tomorrow noon, when you all will gather here. Any one who fails to answer will be punished." Wei Wuxian frowned at Wen Chao. Was he serious? he must have said it aloud because Jiang Cheng nodded.  Wei Wuxian glanced at Lan Wangji who looked ahead with a steady gaze. Wei Wuxian was going to speak up against Wen Chao when said man spoke up again, "And, your swords will be taken and kept in custody until the classes are over" Wei Wuxian frowned, the entire crowd of juniors murmured in confused protest. Wen Chao scowled and yelled, "Quite! You will do as you say! Wen Zhuliu take the swords now" Wei Wuxian was going to protest when Lan Wangji's fingers wrapped around his wrist. Wei Wuxian looked over in surprise, Lan Wangji shook his head and muttered, "Listen to them. Don't give them an excuse for leverage." Wei Wuxian nodded, and handed over Suibian. All the swords were collected, all the disciples were reluctant with frowns on their faces. Even Jin Zixuan looked ready to fight, but restrained himself. Nie Huaisang looked ready to pass out, muttering about how he was going to learn all those rules and how he would die finishing his punishments. 

In the end, Wei Wuxian did not have time to reunite with Lan Wangji and hound him with questions. They were lead to the guest quarters and told to stay there until lunch. Jiang Cheng had grumbled at Wei Wuxian about how unfair the Wens were and how he would love to rip Wen Chao to shreds. Wei Wuxian listened to his brother's words half heartedly his mind constantly occupied with Lan Wangji. When the day ended, Wei Wuxian was unsatisfied. Lunch and dinner were served in their rooms and they were restricted to the said rooms. Wei Wuxian slept with a heavy heart and promised to himself to talk to Lan Wangji the first chance he would get.