pov: your favorite moment in the muggle world with them pt. 2

Neville Longbottom 🌻

Y/N really wanted to find a way to help Neville pay for his grandmother's hospital bills. It wasn't anything serious though, thank goodness.

She heard about a gardening contest in the muggle world and immediately told Neville about it. The prize was a big amount of cash as well.

"We can exchange the euros for galleons at Gringotts!" Y/N explained on the way there.

"Wouldn't it be cheating if we use magic?" Neville asked.

"Um... probably not," Y/N said, unsure.

They walked inside the greenhouse with other contestants and Neville signed up his name on a clipboard. Y/N was still curious on what plant he had brought.

"I want it to be a surprise," he had said.

A few minutes later, the greenhouse was crowded. Y/N stood in the front row, waiting for the contest to begin. She watched as other contestants came in with other plants. She saw a person carrying a large yellow sunflower. It was over nine feet tall and wrapped around a wooden stick.

"Welcome!" a woman in overalls said from the front of the room. "We'll begin in alphabetical order with last names-"

Y/N wasn't listening. She saw Neville and he noticed her as well. She gave him a thumbs up and a glowing smile. He waved and made sure his plant was still safe.

Many contestants showed normal muggle plants. Roses, cacti, herbs, baby tulips, and more muggle plants.

Once it was Neville's turn to show his plant, Y/N nervously crossed her fingers. He removed the blanket and she immediately recognized it. It was a vibrant red flower with large petals.

"What kind of flower is it?" a judge asked. "I don't recognize it."

"W- well, it's a season shrivelfig," Neville explained, "It changes colors depending on the weather or season."

"That's impossible," someone said from the crowd.

"No, I can prove it," Neville said. "Right now, it's red because it's summer, but if we put it somewhere cold, it'll turn a vibrant purple."

"Bring out the ice box!" someone said.

A small boy in overalls went on the stage with an icebox and Neville carefully placed the flower in the icebox. Everyone watched in amazement as the red slowly changed to a blue color.

Someone gasped loudly. "How in the name of-"

"Amazing!" someone said.

Neville blushed slightly as the contest continued.

+++

"I told you, you could do it!" I said, dragging him out of the greenhouse.

Neville laughed as we headed back to Kings Cross Station.

"Thanks. Let's get to Gringotts now," he said.

Cedric Diggory 💛

Cedric had NEVER been to the muggle world, so Y/N wanted to take him.

"How am I supposed to dress?" he asked.

"It doesn't matter," Y/N said. "You'll look great in anything."

He nodded and went back inside his closet.

+++

{Y/N's POV}

We walked along the streets of London. Cedric examined every little thing he saw in amazement.

"What's that?" he asked, pointing to a shop.