cedric diggory oneshot; worth a try

♥*♡∞:。.。y/n's pov。.。:∞♡*♥

My anxiety was off the charts. My heart was racing with inhuman speed. Sweat was trickling down my face. This was it. I went through my letter once again, making sure there were no mistakes.

Dear Cedric,

I've been meaning to tell you this for a while... and I don't think you feel the same since we barely talk to each other anymore since the fourth year... since you got popular. I know you're still with Cho, but after the tournament, after you almost died, I decided: I can't live without letting you know how I really feel about you. I can't live without knowing why you stopped talking to me. I can't live without knowing if you feel the same or not. Why do you smile at me in class? Why do you glimpse at me when you think I'm not looking? Why must you do these things? Don't you know that they hurt me? Stop confusing me, Cedric Diggory. Please, just tell me how you really feel so I don't have to live with this false hope anymore. So that I can be free from this paralyzing hope.

Sincerely, Y/N, the one you probably forgot about.

I sighed in pain after reading the letter. It was written from the bottom of my heart. I didn't realize I was clutching the letter, almost crumbling it.

It's worth a try, I thought. Just slip it in his bag in Potions.

The bell rang, and I left Astronomy. My heart racing faster and faster as I drew near Professor Snape's classroom.

"Are you ok?" Cho Chang asked me.

I almost jumped. I didn't see her.

"Yeah, I'm ok." I lied, stepping into the classroom with her. "Just nervous about N.E.W.T.s coming up."

She smiled sweetly. "Don't be. Besides, Potions isn't that hard."

"You're right," I said and sat down in my seat.

Easy for you to say, I thought. You're in Ravenclaw. 

I heard a laugh and immediately knew who had just entered the classroom. Cedric. He and his friends sat in their assigned seats, right next to mine. 

"Seriously, stop!" Cedric said as I wondered what they were joking about.

"Alright, I will," his friend said and sat down.

I tried my best to not make eye contact with Cedric. I kept myself busy by pretending to go over with last lesson's notes.

"You're awfully quiet today," I heard him say.

My heart froze and I blinked once. Not looking up, I replied, "Well, I don't have anything to say."

He just smiled as he always did and Professor Snape walked into the classroom.

"Turn to page one hundred-six," he said. "Amortentia. Y/L/N,"

My ears perked up.

"Tell me, what is it?" he asked.

Luckily, I was used to being called on randomly in all of my classes, so I always made sure to pay attention.

"Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in existence," I said carefully. "But it doesn't make the drinker fall in love. It causes a great and powerful infatuation or obsession over someone. Even by just smelling it will make you think of the person you fancy or once loved."

Snape's paused after I finished. For a moment, his face was relaxed. I figured he was thinking about someone he once loved.

"Good," he said quietly. "Two points for Hufflepuff."