Chapter 21

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

"Why are you all so silent?" Jeno asked as he stared at his friends, who were weirdly all silent. "You're seriously asking us that after what happened yesterday?" Chenle frowned at Jeno as he walked into the classroom and went to sit next to Jisung.

"Jaemin didn't come to school today" Renjun pointed out from the other side of the room, avoiding eye contact with Jeno. "Is he okay?" Donghyuk asked, concerned while Mark took the opportunity to take his boyfriend's hand into his own.

"I don't know, his mother said he's not doing too well" Renjun finally looked at Jeno with dissapointment in his eyes. "You really didn't have to" Renjun walked up to the boy and grabbed his face making him wince in pain.

"I see you're doing great" Renjun examined Jeno's face, which was decorated in all shades of blue and purple. "Go sit down before the teacher shows up" Renjun said blatantly before turning around to go to his place only to be stopped by Jeno.

"Check on him for me, please" Jeno pleaded, hoping Renjun wouldn't turn him down. Renjun looked at him once before reluctantly agreeing. The teacher came seconds after they had taken their seats, unaware of the awkwardness in the room seconds before.

The classes went on as usual, and so did the day, but Jeno couldn't concentrate for some reason. Even when he stepped into his house, he looked into Jaemin's house, longing for even a glance of him.

"I talked to that boy's mother today. She said they were moving" Jeno's mother mentioned during dinner that night. Jeno was lucky that the plate didn't drop from his hand in shock.

"Mo-Moving?" Jeno asked as he looked at his mother in desperation. "Good" he heard his father comment beside him, making his blood boil. What makes it okay for him to control his life? He doesn't own him.

"Appa, can I talk to-" Mr Lee slammed his hand on the table before abruptly standing up. "No, I don't want even to hear you mention that boy in this house" he coldly stated while glaring at Jeno.

"Appa, stop it, you can't do this" Jaehyun said, trying to support Jeno. "Why are you defending him?" he screamed back at the boy, and before Jaehyun could say anything back, he felt Jeno's hand on his own, making him keep quiet.

"Go to your room" Jeno didn't want to be there any longer, so he gladly left. He made his way straight to the window before calling out to Jaemin. Jeno couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the boy packing.

"Jaemin-ah, are you going somewhere? You're not moving, right?" Jeno asked in distraught, not getting any response. The windows weren't soundproof, so he knew Jaemin could hear him.