IV

-Nyx-
It's been a week since I started contemplating my entire existence, literally, the day I was born, until now.

I walk onto set as Jessie walks up to me with the smug-est grin on her face, looking like they're practically dying to tell me something new they've learned about the people on set.

I always love hearing about their experiences on set, it's really the thing that's been helping me bond with her the most. Over these months we've grown to become pretty good friends, it's very easy and very nice to talk to them.

I always work as she talks, because I usually have to focus, but a woman can multitask, right?

'Guess what I heard!', they start.
'Do tell me.', I say with a smile on my face.

'I heard that Bennie-boy has the hots for you!'

And then my entire world stopped spinning.
Ben liked me? Right, I mean Jessie would be the one to know, so should I believe them? Jessie and Ben are pretty close, so I guess that could be pretty accurate?

Before my throat fully closed up, I managed to squeeze out a 'what?', but I think it sounded more like 'hhwhEaAy?1???1?'. If you know what I'm saying. Almost like a squeak.

'Yup, I was talking to him the other day, and turns out he quite likes you, but he refuses to admit it to you...', Jessie stated.

Okay, we can do something about this? I'd honestly like to hear the words come out of Ben's mouth, so all he needed was a little pushing right? I could do that. I mean I could tell him, yes, or I could have a little fun for myself... definitely.

After getting some air in my lungs and relaxing my vocal chords I said; 'Wha- are you sure?'

'Yes! I'm sure, he's been swooning over you for so long now, and I got sick of listening to him dying for you all day, so I don't know, but I really thought you knew!', they said.

'Well okay? I kind of knew, but not completely... I mean we did hug, and I had a little moment with him, or at least what I think was a moment. I want to hear it from Ben himself, so I'm going to be having a little fun.', I uttered with a big grin on my face.

-

-Ben-
I saw Jessie walk up to Nyx a while ago, they talked for a while, then Nyx looked like she saw the ghost of her dead family member, or the Holy Spirit... or something. Either way, she looked more than shocked at the thing Jessie had just said to her.

She didn't tell her did she?
No. Probably something else!
But what if she did?
Well then it'll be a little awkward right?

No worries! No worries!

OH GOD WORRIES!

She had the most beautiful grin plastered on her face, and she looked like she was about to make some mischief. It was charming.

She looked in my direction once, thinking I wouldn't notice, but I did.

What the hell did Jessie tell her?

Jessie and Nyx discussed some things for a while with big mischievous smiles on their faces, Jessie burst out laughing twice at something Nyx had said, but it was like they were planning something.

Nyx's hands were making small circles on the table while talking, and eventually she picked up a deck of cards and started doing tricks with it, it was one of her many skills. Nyx's hands always had some kind of bandaid or medical tape-stuff wrapped around her fingers because of this, the cards always cut her fingers. Somehow she never seemed to mind, though, she thought her hands looked pretty decorated with the bandaids, in combination with the bracelets she always wears, she never seemed to be bothered by it.

Her outfit consisted of a yellow sweater with some text printed on it and denim shorts with flowers painted on them. They were paired with a set of white converse and a rainbow backpack that was hanging over her chair. Her jewelry always consisted of one piece; a necklace, but not any necklace, they were dog tags. I assume she wants to honor someone, or be reminded of someone.

Nyx was already working again while Jessie kept talking. That's how it usually worked. Jessie's talking and Nyx is working, while still conversing with Jessie.

Somehow with me she always stopped working, her attention was fully directed at me.

Is that a sign?

Does she like me back?

My mind was racing again and I honestly didn't know what to do with it. The way her hands worked, how her hair fell perfectly between her shoulder blades, how she was careful not to step on anyone toes -unless necessary-, how she was so skilled in what she does (and still gets yelled at by her coworkers) and the way she's so easy to talk with, it's almost natural.

MIND! WANDERING! AGAIN!

I was staring, but when she looked in my general direction, something insanely weird happened. She didn't blush or roll her eyes and turn away, no no! Instead, she winked.

She w-

She wHAT NOW?

She w i n k e d

How did that happen?!

Is that- was that on purpose?

Does anyone blink like that accidentally?

Um.. nO????

'Close your mouth, you're bound to catch flies', I heard from behind. It was Freddy absolutely cracking up behind me. He almost folded in half and fell over from the laughing.

The rest of the day I just couldn't stop thinking about the one simple gesture. It wandered in the back of my mind for a long time. I didn't want to think too much of it though, I mean who knows, maybe it was just a friendly gesture. Or maybe it was meant for somebody else who was standing in my direction.

-

-Nyx-
Jessie thought my plan was great, and so did I. We've been planning out a lot of stuff, and it was already working.

-1019 words-
————————————————
!! Remember Jessie Mei Li's pronouns are she/they, please respect that !!

To my 70 dear readers;
Hi! I'm back! I'm very inspired today so, yAy!
Here's chapter 4, and I feel like a lot happened :]

Sorry for kind of leaving you on a cliffhanger!

Remember you are loved... by me (and many others)!
Here's a sneak peek at Nyx's outfit;

Feel free to leave a comment, or vote, and I'll see you guys in the next chapter!Thanks for reading <3

Thanks for reading <3