Chapter 16:

"You look gorgeous" Wahi muttered in my ear for the 4th time as we entered the party hall hand in hand. I smiled. He looked handsome in the black tuxedo. He even brought me a white rose bouquet. The party hall was blazed in blue lights. Cool drinks were served. Whereas I doubted it had only cool drinks. A loud music played by the DJ which was hell contrasting to the atmosphere. Some of the students bummed their hips rocking in the place. My eyes were frantically searching for Rey. As all of a sudden, a slow romantic music flared on. "Can I have the privilege of dancing with you" Wahi kneeled down dramatically putting a hand on his heart and bowing down to me. I chuckled. Irrespective of all the feelings I had towards Rey, Wahi is always a friend. His antics always made me like him more. He is sassy yet so polite.

His hands were so cool on my waist. I wondered really as if he maybe the ice prince. There are a lot of things on my plate currently; a supernatural maniac father, Goddess mother, possessive brother, hot and sexy sentry and a DARKLING who want me. I shuddered suppressing all those bizarre thoughts. My eyes involuntarily gazed for my comrade. "I know whom u r searching for" Wahi whined stoically. I could study the hard lines formed on his taut jaw. I didn't understand whether he was angry or jealous or what not. It isn't like I had any feelings for him apart from the friendship. "No" I snapped even though I was doing the exact same thing. He smirked as if he didn't believe what I said. "I am not blind, Taani" He snickered. I glared him. "Your sexy comrade is busy I guess" He narrowed his eyes behind us. My gaze followed him. And suddenly all I wanted to do was to get the hell out of the party and do something reckless. Neha and Rey were plastered onto each other as if there was no space between them. I literally wanted to punch her in the face but I knew better of it. Rey didn't even look at us. Neha whispered something in his ear and both laughed their pits off. And I didn't feel good at all. Jealousy was such a bad thing. Probably Wahi was feeling the same when I was ogling Rey though I danced with him.

"Hey, you ok?" Wahi asked lifting my chin up. Tears started already brimming. "We can leave, if you are not ok here" he grazed his cool hand on my cheek. I resisted the urge of thwarting his hand away. He was trying to soothe me and here I was being impolite bitch. "I think.... I have an idea" I gave in. I didn't want to spend the rest of the night being a crying mess. I wanted to make Rey jealous instead I inherited all those traits. Huh...

As we walked out, I observed in d crowd far away from us, Swayam, Sneha and Harsahd were speaking on low voices instead of enjoying the party. I don't understand what was going on there. And now I really didn't care what they were up to. "Where are we going?" I snaked my arms around me. My thigh sized glittery mini didn't help me any good in the chilling cold. "Here...." Wahi removed his tuxedo and cupped it on my shoulders. It was a simple act but I was thankful enough. "I'll take you to your dream place" He winked. I wondered what my dream place would be. We walked in silence.

Suddenly, the cool night transformed eerily. I gasped as we closed onto the woods. My heartbeats thundered ferociously. My body withered as my eyes and brain formed a synch of my thoughts. "Wahi...Where the F..." And he wasn't beside me. Oh Gods! Where did he run off? "Taani...." An agonizing voice resembling of Wahi's tore off inside the woods. And my heart slammed in my chest. No. no...no.... I could sense the fleeting pain in his shout. My feet were frozen to the spot. I possibly couldn't be moving to something I dreaded my whole life.

But I wasn't a coward. I cannot leave my friend to his death just because I have nightmares. "Wahi..." I entered into the woods as tall trees closed in on me. There was something so wrong here. Pin drop silence covered the woods except for my footsteps. I walked and walked searching for Wahi. I called onto him. "Taani..." He responded from somewhere deep inside. His voice...Gods! It sounded trouble. My nightmares were seeping back into my nerves. And I saw him. "Taani..." Wahi cooed. He was sleeping on a heap of leaves. His eyes were closed. Except for his unconsciousness, everything seemed okay. And something seemed really fishy.