The Arrival

This chapter will have multiple POVs.

Yuzu POV
I woke up at dawn on the day when the Aiharas would arrive. I looked at myself in the mirror and thought about how unlucky the Aihara princess is, because she would have to marry me. Now you may be wondering, why would marrying me be unlucky. See even though the world sees me as an all-powerful hero, I'm still a 17-year-old teenager at the end of the day. I know that one day I would have to wear my father's crown and fulfil my duty as Queen/Empress. Being the Emperor's Heir isn't an easy task, it comes with a LOT of responsibilities. That kind of responsibility scares me. I suffer from indecision and melancholy after an incident. Not to mention the frequent panic attacks that I have. To be honest I stopped caring about myself years ago. Now all I see myself as is a General whose duty is to serve the people of the Okogi kingdom. Don't get me wrong, I love my people. Anyways, back to topic.

So I got dressed in a suit and was walking the corridors when suddenly I hear Matsuri shouting , "Fuck ! Yuz come quick!". Then I ran towards the door Matsuri was screaming from. I barge in and see Matsuri being pinned against the wall by a shadow-like being. Honestly I wasn't scared, I've seen worst. Anyways, I take out my sword and slash at that shadow guy and suddenly he dropped a smoke bomb and ran out the door. When I was finally able to see, I helped Matsuri up and saw if she was okay. " Damn those bastards! Those were the Luginican people and their newly designed camouflage cloak" I tell her. "Let's follow him" said Matsuri and we both ran out the door.

Mei POV
We had started our journey towards the Okogi kingdom a day ago. The distance between our kingdoms isn't far, but it takes time to reach the capital. Accompanying me was my Grandfather, Himeko , Harumin and 8 other guards. Grandfather had ordered Himeko and Harumin to stay with me during my stay there, which is possibly forever, but they happily obliged. Suddenly the coach driver said, "We are arriving" and everyone sat up straight. Until now, my grandfather and Harumin were talking about how making an alliance with the Okogis would help their kingdom. Himeko was sleeping by putting her head on my shoulder and I woke her up just now and she sat up straight , blushing , and waited for our arrival.
The coach stopped and the door was held open by one of our guards. We all got down, lastly me because I was nervous and scared. The Emperor and his wife greeted us and told us to take some rest and we would have our official meeting in the afternoon. Until now, i hadn't noticed the castle behind them. One look and I could understand why our forces weren't any match for theirs.  The castle was HUGE! It was at least 7 times bigger than our one. Anyways, we were lead to our respective rooms by 3 maids, who told us that they would be there to help if we needed anything. At that, Himeko had puffed out her chest in a boasting manner and said, "Mei-Mei would only need my help", and one of the maids replied, "We weren't talking to you small fry" , Himeko was furious and was about to retaliate when another maid said, looking at me, "So you're Yuzu's would-be-wife , huh?" , at that I just nodded my head and thought, "Yuzu? Isn't that a peculiar name for a guy?". "Can you guys tell us something about this 'Yuzu'" said Harumin. The maids laughed and said and one of them said, "Yuzu has forbidden us to say anything". At that , I could only wonder about what type of person this Yuzu guy is.
Honestly, I have no interest in guys. My preferred gender would be female but since this alliance is needed, I decided to get married to a guy.
The maids left us and suddenly Harumin said, "Mei you should get some rest. The meeting will start in the evening" , me and Himeko agreed to that and we 3 took some much needed sleep, since we were traveling for more than a day.

Yuzu POV
After chasing that Luginican soldier , we didn't find him. But I had a feeling we would meet him soon. Luginica was one of our  chief rival kingdoms. Obviously they knew about the arrival of the Aiharas and would want to kill them and blame it on us to start a war. That would be bad, like really bad. Anyways after our failure of catching him, me and Matsuri went to Blake's office and we 3 were talking when a maid interrupted us and said that the Aiharas had arrived. I wasn't in a rush to meet them, since we would have to meet them during the meeting. Blake ,though was saying, "I swear Zuzu, if you forget about us after meeting your sweetheart, then we will beat you to a pulp" , I chuckled at that, and said, "My sweetheart? That Aihara princess? Nope. I'm just  gonna marry her to build this alliance, its not like there needs to be any love between us; we both are doing this as its our responsibility." "So you're just gonna treat her like trash and use her as a toy or something?" said an amused Matsuri. " Obviously not. I'm gonna treat her with proper respect and cherish her" "Awwwww" said the both of them, earning a punch from me. We didn't have any wars or battles to attend to, so we 3 were didn't have any duties to attend to, at least for now .  We told Blake about the mysterious guy and he was not pleased that we let him get away. While we were talking, a knock on the door interrupted us. It was a maid, who said that my mother had wished to see me.
I went to my mother's chamber, getting a 'Come in' from her, and went inside. She told me to sit down beside her and told me information about the Aihara princess. My mother said, " That girl has lost her parents at a very young age, please take care of her Yuzu" "Of course mom" was my reply, since I felt bad about that princess. Me and mom talked for about 2 hours or so, since we didn't have much time to bond or spend time together these past days. I then looked at the clock in her room and we both saw that the meeting would begin soon, so I went to my room and changed into another suit, cause I obviously had to look good in front of my new fiancé.
Finally, while walking to the meeting room, I met up with Matsuri and Blake, and we went to the designated room together. Opening the door, my eyes locked to a pair of  purple ones, and at that moment I knew that this was the lady I was gonna marry.

Wheew! That was a long chapter. Anyways the pic below is what  Yuzu wears when meeting her girl, Mei :

 Anyways the pic below is what  Yuzu wears when meeting her girl, Mei :

And yes, I did select a green suit because it matched Yuzu's eyes. Love y'all.💙