Chapter 2

THIRD PERSON POV

It had been a full week since Elizabeth had come into contact with the first human in what would seem like Merpeople history, but she was sure of what she saw, and it scared her.
She had come to the conclusion that the only way to know more was to come into contact with that human one again, after all he seemed nice enough, nothing like in the stories she'd read.

But she had been to the surface every day since she came to that conclusion, every day she stayed up there for hours, but he never appeared.
And yet she was gonna try again today.

She made sure to hide sometimes along the way, as to not get noticed, after all if anyone noticed her and asked where she was headed they would surely tell her mother, and Elizabeth really couldn't bear to disappoint her again this soon.

But soon enough she broke through the surface, feeling the warm sun on her skin.
She couldn't spot him, but she decided to do what she had all the other days and that was to wait.

She sat on one of the rocks nearest to the shore, and there she sat for hours. It was frustrating and confusing.
She sighed and dipped her hand in the water. It felt cold now as she had been sitting upon the dry and warm sunlit rock.
She was just about to dive back into the cold water when she was stopped by none other than the one she had been looking for.

"Wait! Wait wait wait don't be scared!"
It was him, he was running down the steep hill that connected the beach to the forest beyond that, he nearly tripped with the speed he was going.
He seemed desperate to be in contact with her so he ran into knee deep waters.
"Hi.."

Although Elizabeth had wanted this she was frozen upon the rock.
"H-hi..."
They let the moments pass in silence as both were still taking each other in.

"I can't believe you were actually real...I'd convinced myself I hallucinated you or something" he grinned and chuckled at the end.
His happy attitude seemed weird for this moment, but in truth it was his usual coping mechanism.

"I'm real..." Elizabeth said nervously as she looked anywhere but him.
She began to wonder if she had made a mistake in coming here, after an she had no idea what to say.

"Yeah..." it seemed to be the same for him.

Another awkward silence ensued and Elizabeth went from being frustrated at the situation to simply being frustrated with herself, yes sure she was speaking with a creature she had been told didn't exist her entire life, but she still needed to get it together.
"What's your name? Mine's...Elizabeth"

His entire face seemed to lit up.
"Meliodas, if you really wanna know" he snickered.
It seemed as though the dark cloud hanging above their heads was disappearing.
"Elizabeth is a beautiful name by the way, almost as beautiful as you"

Elizabeth blushed just a little at how blunt he was being.
"Thank you very much"

He walked further into the water and Elizabeth tensed up at how close he suddenly was, but he didn't seem to notice at all.
"Is this spot Taken?" He asked and pointed to the spot nect to her on the stone.

"N-no" Elizabeth scooted a bit to the side to make room for him.

He smiled at her again and pulled himself onto the rock.
Elizabeth made a point to look away from him, the entire situation still overwhelming her, in fact, her being as overwhelmed as she was was probably the only way she wasn't experiencing a panic attack. She was simply too busy to have one of those right at that time.

As they sat next to each other in complete silence he took all of her in.
She truly was beautiful.
The pink scales on her tail seemed to reflect the sun's rays giving a rainbow affect, her beasts was barely just covered by some dull purple seashells, and vowen into her hair was white seashells perfectly matching her silver hair and her ocean blue eyes.