Chapter 5

THIRD PERSON POV

—6 months later—

Over the course if the six months that Elizabeth had been occasionally been meeting Meliodas in the shore she had completely changed.
To her friends and even to her mother Elizabeth seemed happier and simply more willing to spend time with others.
They didn't know exactly what had changed her, but her mother was Lee to believe that it was because she had told her to try and stay away from the surface that one time 6 months ago.
She believed that having given up on that is what changed her daughters mood. That she was finally facing reality.

But of course her mother was wrong.
Elizabeth was happy because her friendship with meliodas progressed.
It was exciting to meet him, to learn, and even to tell him about her own culture.
But only she knew the five details of that. Her friend however knew that she was going to the surface but she'd been told lies and was still rooting for Elizabeth, but with every day she also became more curious.

"You know it's fun" Mael, Elizabeth's other friend who knew nothing spoke as the three of them was out together.

"What is?"

"Well, just.." he seemed to be looking fit then right words.
"This" he smiled brightly. "You seem more alive, and I'm glad we get to spend some time together again" he says softly and at the last part just a tiny blush settled in his cheeks, something that made Jelamet sigh.
Jelamet had always liked Mael. Ever since they were small, but he had always liked Elizabeth although she'd never seemed the least bit interested in him.

Elizabeth smiled back at him and nodded her head with a happy hum.
"I feel happier too. Funnily enough though, it doesn't feel as though I was unhappy before, there was just something missing, you know?"

"Something missing? So you've sorta found the missing piece or what?" Mael asked, hoping deep within his own heart that it'd be him. But deep down he knew it couldn't be.

"Oh" Elizabeth flinched. "Uhh" she looked at Jelamet who had a smug look upon her face.
Elizabeth loved her friends, and they loved her. She knew.
So Elizabeth came to the conclusion that she could share this with them.
After all she had come to terms with it herself and was determined that they could too.

"Well" Elizabeth let out an amused sigh. "Okay, I'll tell you, but you'll have to keep it on the down low" she find them seriously, although Jelamet didn't seem to realize that it included her as well, after all she was sure that she already knew the answer, and that was that Elizabeth had a secret boyfriend.
But she was about to be surprised.

Mael nodded, awaiting her explanation while Jelamet stared at him, awaiting his reaction.

"I'm gonna sound absolutely crazy but..." Elizabeth trailed off as she got more and more nervous. Wondering if it was actually the right time to tell them, but she shook her head, ignoring her instincts.

"It's okay Elizabeth, we won't judge you. No matter what" Mael tried to reassure her, and she smiled at him in gratitude for his kind words.

"Do you...do you remember the stories from when we were kids? About humans?" Elizabeth asked, her voice slightly shaking.
Mael nodded whine Jelamet raised an eyebrow, confused.
"Well...they're not just stories...they're real. I'm...im actually friends with a human, I guess it's been so exciting, so that's why my mood has charged" Elizabeth spoke fast, wanting to get it over with, so fast that her friends was just barely able to make out what she was saying.

A heavy silence fell over the three of them. The first to speak up again was Jelamet.
"Ellie are you okay?" She put a hand on her friends forehead to check for a fever.
Elizabeth nodded and pushed Jelamet's hand away from her forehead.
"I just do t get it...I thought this was about your boyfriend"