6 || boundaries

alexa, play way down we go - stripped by kaleo

DAY 6

        The smell of maple syrup and sugar swirled around the kitchen as Amelia scooped her last pancake out of the frying pan and onto a glass plate on the counter next to the stove. Faint sounds of a cooking show floated from the TV on the wall in the living room. She had always loved the smell of breakfast as her mother cooked when she was younger, the smell reminded her of simpler, happier times. 

        Her sweet bliss was interrupted too soon by James, who mumbled "smells good" from somewhere close behind her, his breath fanning across her exposed neck. 

        Before she could turn around or even begin to say anything, she watched as his hands rested on both sides of her body against the kitchen counter, trapping her in. The feeling of her hairs prickling from his breath stirred up a warm, electric sensation in her stomach. One she hadn't felt since her early college days. 

        She spun around warily on her toes until she was face to face with Barnes, whose face was alarmingly closer than she had expected it to be. She pursed her lips as she innocently peered up through her lashes to look at him. She noticed his jaw clench and relax again as his blue eyes trailed down her face.

        "Are you hungry?" Amelia asked casually. 

        James painfully struggled to keep his composure as he observed her eyes watching him and her voluptuous lips moving as she spoke. Although, he wanted nothing more than to rip her cute, petite pajama set from her body and take her right there on the counter. 

        "It depends on what you're offering." His tone was ... playful

        She was disapproving of the way the conversation was lighting a fire in the pits of her belly, like someone was lighting a match that hadn't been lit in so long. 

        "It's strange that you think this makes me feel uncomfortable enough to leave." The words were out of her mouth before she could think twice. She internally sighed at herself. This wasn't part of her plan. 

        James felt a bit taken aback by her words, he'd never heard her boldly test him in this way. Perhaps she was just trying to put out what she was being given, letting him know that she was in charge of their conversations. Or was she messing with him? Either way, it left him yearning for more. If anything, this made him more determined to push the boundaries.