Chapter 5 - We Are Not Our Brothers

Annabelle opened the door to the cell, walking in and making sure it closed firmly behind her.

"Now this is not something I suspected. Sending a small girl to talk to me is bold. Sending a small girl into my cell is stupid."

"Well, sometimes stupid wins the day," she sat on the chair she had brought with her. She motioned for him to sit.

"What? Are you going to cute information from me?"

"No," she shook her head. "I'm not really one for cute."

"I didn't think so," he smirked, sitting across from her. "So what's your plan? Get me to talk? Sorry. Already used that one on me."

"Not gonna do that either. Everyone was getting mad at each other and I needed a break," she paused and saw a small smirk on his lips, letting her know that her guess had been correct. "You seemed like the only person here who can hold a decent conversation that doesn't revolve around your plans. Although, you do seem like the narcissistic type who only wants to talk about himself."

He chuckled. "You are a bold one, aren't you?"

"Glad I've moved out of the stupid phase."

"I know things about everyone on this ship, things the people closest to them may not even know... Yet I don't know anything about you."

"Well, there aren't really any records about me. Even SHIELD only has a few and they're pretty vague."

"Go on then," he leant back into a more comfortable position.

"My name is Annabelle Grace Rogers. I'm Captain America's younger sister. I have a photographic memory and mean left hook."

"You look nothing like him."

"You think? Blond versus brown hair, right versus left handed," she listed.

"You look more like James Barnes." She stopped. "Oh, yes. I know about him. If you hadn't told me, I might have mistaken you for his sister."

"I can't believe they thought you were my sister," Bucky laughed as they walked down the street that the diner was on, her double braids bouncing with every step.

"I do look more like you than Steve," she shrugged. "Besides, you are my brother, even if doctors don't agree." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, giving her a smile as he looked down.

"Except for the eyes," Loki continued, bringing her back to the present. "You do have your brother's eyes."

"You looked into his eyes?" she tried to bounce back. "Fall in love yet?"

"I'm not like everyone else."

"Kinda picked up on that."

"So you're defined by your brother? I know what that's like."

"Thor mentioned you were related. Well, adopted. He seems like the guy that would always steal someone else's thunder." He rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on. That was good."

"I think good means something else on earth."

"You gonna change that when you take over?"

"So you think I will?"

"I like to look at all possible outcomes. Your side's currently looking pretty good."

"What would your brother say if he heard you say that?"

"Well, he won't say anything because he won't hear. I made sure the cameras were off before I came in." Loki turned behind him to look at the camera. "Can't break the perfect sister facade, now can I?" She walked over and looked at the camera with him. "Right now they're watching a feed of you just sitting here on loop," she lied.

"You remind me of someone."

"Who?"

"My sister."

"This one's Thor. He's the God of Thunder. Lighting's kind of his thing too. And this one's Loki," Jonathan pointed at the picture in the book. "God of Mischief, but he uses his talents for good. Helps out with plans. He's known for being killer clever."

"And what about her?" Annabelle asked, leaning over and pointing at another drawing.

"Cora-Pelagia. She's their sister. Goddess of-"

"Cora-Pelagia?" Annabelle asked, but it was close to a statement.

"How did you-"

"My best friend was obsessed with mythology of all sorts. You, your brother, your sister... He knew them all. Which therefore means I know them all."

"If you must know, yes. You remind me of her."

"Why?" she asked, sitting down on the bench and he hesitated before sitting next to her.

He sighed. "She was headstrong, fierce, said she didn't care what anybody thought of her even though she still put on a mask of being the perfect princess most of the time. But even with all her strength, she was the most gentle and caring person I knew."

"Knew?"

"I haven't seen her in a long time," he looked over at her.

"I'm sorry," she said truly, putting a hand on her shoulder, reminding her of what she was there for. Her eyes darted back and forth as she tried to rifle through his head.

Cora peaked around the corner, watching as Loki walked away as they played Hide and Go Seek. She tiptoed out of her hiding place before squealing as Loki scooped her up. The six year old laughed as her big brother put her back down.

"No fair!" she tried to pout, but her smile remained. "Illusions are cheating!"

///

Blue light filtered through the room covered in metal and the sounds of footsteps walking closer could be heard against the hard floor. Loki stood, smirking as he looked at the humans around him, Clint standing by Fury as the armed guards came closer.

///

"Hey, get out!" Cora called, turning around as she spied Loki in her mirror as she put her earring in. "I'll be out in a minute. I just have to finish getting ready."

"Ah, turning into the perfect princess for the crowds?" he asked, leaning against the doorway and watching her as she went and grabbed her shoes. She didn't answer and he walked inside her room, holding out a flower to her. She smiled, taking it and placing it with the others he had collected for her over the years.

"Thank you." Her smile fell. "Now get out."

///

"The Tesseract has shown me so much," Selvig smiled as he stood in his workshop, his eyes glowing blue. "It's so much more than knowledge. It's truth."

"I know," Loki smiled before turning to the man next to him. "What did it show you, Agent Barton?"

"My next target."

"What are you doing?" he demanded, pulling away and cutting off her connection.

"I could ask you the same thing. What is-" She was cut off as the ship shook and she heard alarms going off. She looked at him for another second before sprinting towards the door, slipping out and locking it back into place quickly.

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out, but I'm really excited for it and how it turned out! Plus, there's a new mini series coming out based on this chapter! Soon, I will be posting a spin off book (kind of) with Cora-Pelagia and her story! Hope you guys like that idea! Stay safe!