Chapter 9 - Battle for New York: Part 2

Steve jumped over the side of the bridge, blocking Clint from three.

"Mind if I borrow that?" Annabelle asked one of the Chitarui before punching him in the face and slamming her elbow into his arm. Annabelle caught his dropped staff, using it to shoot him away before spinning around and slicing into two others. The four formed a circle with their backs to each other as the Chitarui advanced before were electrocuted and fell to the ground.

Steve shook his head as he saw Annabelle's new weapon. "What is it with you and metal sticks?" She shrugged, tossing the staff up and down in her hand. "What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked as Thor walked over.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable."

"Thor's right," Tony came in over the comms. "We got to deal with these guys."

"They're gonna keep coming if we don't find a way to close that gate," Annabelle spoke up.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asked.

"As a team," Steve answered.

"I have unfinished business with Loki."

"Yeah?" Clint asked Thor. "Get in line."

"Save it," Steve stopped them. "Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got Stark up top. He's gonna need us to..." He stopped and turned around as they heard a motorcycle approaching.

"So, this all seems horrible," Bruce said as he got off the motorcycle and walked closer.

"I've seen worse."

"Sorry," he apologized to Natasha.

"No, we could use a little worse."

"Stark, we got him," Steve said.

"Banner?"

"Just like you said."

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." They watched as Tony flew around the corner of a building, the ship following him.

"I don't see how that's a party," Natasha let out.

"I mean, Chitauri come out of the sides like a confetti cannon, so... Deadly confetti. What could be more fun?" Annabelle looked at her.

"Dr. Banner," Steve called as Bruce began walking towards the oncoming ship, "now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

"That's my secret, Captain," he said as he glanced over his shoulder. "I'm always angry." He transformed into Hulk, punching the front of the ship as it flew towards him, crushing the front as the tail flipped over itself, falling towards them.

"Hold on!" Tony called. Clint and Annabelle took cover behind a taxi as Steve put himself and Natasha behind his shield and Tony launched a missile into the tail, causing it to fall beside them. They stood, backs to each other as they stood in a circle, eyesing the creatures around them. Hulk roared as Tony hovered slightly off the ground, everyone resituating and preparing their weapons. 

I have decided that I will post everyday until I finish the Battle for New York chapters. Stay tuned to hear the posting plan for the final chapter!