Chapter 11 - Battle for New York: Part 4

She went downstairs, finding Loki sitting up from the small crater in the floor. "What happened to you?" she asked, making sure to grip the staff tightly.

"The Hulk is what happened."

"He did a number on you," she chuckled.

"Yes, but I am a god."

"Have that argument with my brother," she said, walking sideways as he did the same, gripping the scepter.

"Hiding your identity to talk to me this time?" he asked as he stood and she pulled down the hood and mask.

"Unlike last time, I didn't come to talk."

"I gathered not. See you've taken a liking to the Chitauri staff."

"It's pretty neat."

"Yes, but mine is better."

"That's what I'm actually here about. I'm gonna need it."

He chuckled. "I'm afraid that won't happen."

"How about a deal?" He motioned for her to continue. "We fight. If I win, I get the scepter. You win, you keep it."

"You sure you want to do that? It's a dangerous game," he smirked.

"I think I can handle it. I'll even let you go first since you're a god and all." His smirk grew as he stalked closer before tapping the scepter on her chest. She looked at it before looking up at him. "It's okay. Try again."

He looked at her before tapping it again, but nothing happened. "This is the second time today. First Stark, now you."

"Well, Stark's probably easier to explain. He has that arc reactor thing in his chest which probably blocks it. Me on the other hand, that's more complicated. My mind's already been altered by that thing, so trying to do it again doesn't really work. I mean, I wasn't sure, but I had a good guess."

"Altered?" he asked, trying to catch up. "Yeah," she sighed. "Long story, but I can show you," she put a hand on his arm, showing him quickly what had happened before letting go, his mind reeling so he didn't have enough time to react when she swung the staff at him. He fell, but quickly stood back up, swinging back at her. She ducked, but didn't have enough time to move when he shot at her, causing the ball of energy to strike her arm. She yelled out in pain before spinning around, bringing her staff up to hit his head. He blocked her, but while he was focused on that, she pulled out her gun and shot him in the leg, causing him to fall before she punched him, knocking him unconscious. "I win," she panted.