Chapter 8 - Battle for New York: Part 1

"Stark, we're on your three, heading northeast," Natasha reported as they flew into New York, watching as Chitauri flew through the wormhole above Stark Tower.

"What? Did you stop for drive through?" he asked. "Swing up Park. I'm gonna lay them out for you." They came through the building, shooting at the ones trailing Tony.

"Nat?" Clint called as they reached Stark Tower, seeing Loki and Thor fighting on the balcony. Loki pushed Thor away from himself, giving Clint an opening to shoot, but Loki shot first, hitting one of their engines. The ship rocked and they all braced themselves, holding tightly as they plummeted to the ground. Clint gained enough control to land in an area clear of civilians, quickly getting out and running onto the streets.

"We gotta get back up there," Steve said and they started to run against the crowd to Stark Tower. They stopped and looked up, watching as more Chitauri came through the wormhole, flying on chariot like crafts, along with a large ship that resembled an aquatic dinosaur. Panels on the sides opened and Chitauri jumped out, landing in the buildings it flew past. "Stark, are you seeing this?"

"Seeing. Still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?"

"Just keep me posted."

"We need a plan," Annabelle said as they took shelter behind an abandoned taxi.

"We've got civilians still trapped," Clint said, watching as Loki flew past on one of the chariots, blowing up the street as he went.

"They're fish in a barrel down there," Steve said as they watched, Natasha and Clint firing at some of the incoming Chitauri.

"We got this. It's good. Go," she told him.

"You think you can hold them off?"
"Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure," he said before notching an arrow and firing.

"You with me?"

"You know it." Annabelle followed him as he jumped onto the street below, Steve having to flip off of the bus he landed on as the back end exploded. "Show off!" They continued running, taking out the few Chitauri they encountered on the way.

"You need men in these buildings," Steve instructed as he landed on a flipped over taxi in front of the chief of police. "There are people inside and they're going to be running right into the line of fire."

"Take them through the basements or the subway, but keep them off the streets."

"I need a perimeter as far back as 39th."
"Why the hell should I take orders from you two?" They all turned around as two Chitauri soldiers landed in front of them. Steve hit one in the head with his shield, turning and blocking the blasts from the other before punching his face. Steve turned back to the original as Annabelle kicked the second in the stomach and stole his gun, shooting him as Steve cut off the other's arm and knocked him away unconscious.

"Wanna listen now?" Annabelle panted.

"I need men in those buildings," the chief turned to face his men. "Lead the people down and away from the streets. We're gonna set up a perimeter all the way down to 39th street." Steve and Annabelle nodded as each other before heading back over to where Natasha and Clint were trying to ward off a bunch of advancing Chitauri. 

So, I know this chapter's short, but I decided to split the Battle for New York chapters into five parts just so I could get it to decent sizes. I know that it's a lot, so I will be posting these more frequently than the normal weekly schedule.