2.

JACKSON'S POV

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know that. You should have told me it before."

"You never came over and never asked me about it. Also, we're living in a pandemic right now so I didn't want to bother you with my marriage." She said with a little smile.

"But you're not a problem for me April." I said and went closer to her grabbing her waist. 

She looked up at me and smiled. I stroked her face and kissed her forehead. She stood on tiptoe and kissed my cheek. I was the happiest man alive at that moment. I wanted to kiss her so bad but I knew that I can't do this right now.

"What was that?" I asked smiling.

"That was a kiss on your cheek." She said with sparkling eyes.

"And what does that mean?"

"That I say yes." She said.

"For Boston??!?" I asked surprised.

"For Boston."

"Are you serious or you just kidding me??" I asked laughing.

"Of course I am serious about this. Fingers crossed for new horizons." She said.

"Fingers crossed for new horizons." I repeated.

I was in shock. I was so happy that she said yes. I wanted to kiss her again and again, say to her how much I love her. But it would have been so fast and I didn't want to scare her. 

Then Harriet came out crying.

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" She said.

"Oh, little girl we'll make something for you right now." April said picking up our daughter.

We went back to the kitchen, April was making cereals for Harriet.

"Daddy, are you moving in and you and Mommy are gonna be together again? She asked with sparkling eyes.

I looked at April and she did the same. We smiled at each other and then I said:

"You know little girl, you and Mommy are gonna move to Boston with me in the next month. There we're gonna live together."

"And you're gonna get married there?" She asked.

Nothing came out of my mouth. I just couldn't say anything, I have no idea what's gonna happen in Boston. After a few seconds of silence, a glass fell to the ground. April dropped it because she just got it out of the washing machine and it was so slippery.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm too tired and these seven hours of sleep couldn't help me." She said nervously.

"That's okay let me help you." I said bending down to her.

Then we had our breakfast with Harriet and I started to pack my things together and then go back home. 

"It'll take a couple of days to figure out how to tell the chief." I said.

"That's okay, take your time. I have a lot of things to pack so it'll take so much time." She said looking around in the house.

"I'll come back and help you!!" I said.

"Jackson...I can handle this. Don't rush it, say goodbye to everyone in the hospital and when you're ready with all of your stuff, you'll come." She said smiling.

I was smiling too and I stepped closer to her. First I just wanted to hug her tightly but in the next moment, I wasn't hugging her.