All Out War

Gold. People die for it. People fight for it. People kill for it. Christopher Columbus murdered tribes for it. J.R. Tolkien once said all that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

"His name is Colin Wentworth," Eva read. "He's from New Haven, Connecticut and fought in the Great War."

"The Great War?" Justine questioned.

"World War One." Shane stated. "World War Two starts in the late 30's for Europe, Canada, and everywhere else except the USA. The USA came in 1943." Justine nodded.

"He has the power to leave the house at any time." Eva read. "But, he refuses to go out without the stash of German gold he recovered during the Blitzkrieg. Colin liked to move the gold daily and one of his hiding spots was in a locked box to which he kept the combination hidden in riddles which he wrote down in a note book." Justine, Tim, and LeLe groaned.

"Why does everybody in the 1920's love riddles so much?" Tim asked.

"I hate riddles!" LeLe shouted.

"Stupid riddles." Justine cussed. Eva looked over at everyone else.

"Come on," Eva stated. "Let's get looking for a safe and a notebook."

Colin was a World War One soldier with an obsession with gold. We needed to find a safe and a notebook.

"Ooh!" Shane shouted.

"What?" Justine asked.

"I found something!" Shane beamed, pulling out a chest, which was Colin's safe, and placed it on the table.

"How many numbers is it?" Tim asked.

"Three." Shane replied.

"So," Justine stated. "In order to get into this chest, we need to find a book of riddles. That's going to give us what we need for the combination." Everyone began looking around for the book of riddles.

"A notebook," Eva stated. "Where do we find the note book?" Everyone began to look around.

"Ugh!" Justine screamed in frustration. "It could be anywhere!" Justine rubbed her forehead and continued to look around.

"Where the hell is it?" LeLe asked. An idea popped into Justine's head.

"Did anyone check the study?" Justine asked. Justine made her way to the study. Eva followed Justine.

"In the study," Eva stated. "I would have a notebook in the study." In the study, Justine looked on the desk to see a tiny note pad. It was similar to what Eva had.

"Is that it?" Justine asked.

"There's no way." Eva stated. Eva picked it up and read it. Justine read it over her shoulder. It had three riddles on it.

"We found it guys!" Justine called out.

"You've got it?!" Shane called back. Justine and Eva walked out.

"Yeah," Justine stated. "We've got it."

"Where was it?" Tim asked.

"In the study." Eva replied. Everyone gathered around the table.

"It can be dropped," Justine read. "From the tallest of buildings and survive, but drop it from the smallest ship and it won't."

"I said paper," Tim stated. "Cause-"

"I know," LeLe sassed. "I said, I said oh yeah, paper, or-"

"A feather?" Eva questioned.

"F-E-A-T-H-E-R." Justine spelled out.