Epilogue 1: Holy Matrimony

I look up at the starlit sky. A perfect night. If only Mom could see me now.

Surveying the crowd, I see Jake, Cinnamon Bun, BMO, Lady Rainicorn and the pups, Dad, Peppermint Butler, Tree Trunks and Mr Pig, various Banana Guards, Simon and Gunther and others. Some are weeping softly, others beaming with joy. Me, I'm numb with happiness. 

The crowd hushes as the band strike up a joyful yet slow candy folk tune. I let Bonnie pick this song. Then I see her. My queen.

Her hair has grown to below her shoulders again and she wears it down, with a small plait running down the side, adorned with blue wildflowers. Her dress sparkles in the moonlight as it trails behind her. Her face is as bright as the midday sun.

She reaches me and takes her hands in mine. In her eyes, I see happiness and a calm future. I see hope.

"Do you, Marceline Abadeer," Finn says between our enjoined hands, "Take Bonnibel Bubblegum, princess of the Candy Kingdom, as your beautiful candy wife?"

"I do," I say, my smile making it hard to speak.

"And do you, Bonnibel Bubblegum, take Marceline Abadeer, Queen of the Vampires, as your beautiful nocturnal wife?"

"I do." Bonnie whispers.

"Then," Finn starts to get choked up, "Then you may kiss the bride." We entwine as Finn sobs with happiness. Simon blows his nose loudly and cheering erupts. 

Later on that night, I perform with LSP and Death, who is leering at the Old Tart Toter. I choose our first song as one that perfectly describes my love for my wife. Strumming a slightly haunting chord, I start to sing;

"I don't know what to do without you, I don't know where to put my hands. I've been trying to lay my head down. But I'm writing this at three AM!"

Everyone cheers and I help Bonnie onto the stage. Together we sing the chorus.

"I don't need the world to see that I've been the best I can be, but I don't think I could stand to be where you don't see me!"