Sour Candy

I smile as I swing Bella's door shut. She's over a year old now, but every night I can't help but listen to my little girl's breathing through the closed door. I still can't believe I'm lucky enough to have Marcy and Marcy's child. I stroll down the hallway towards my beautiful wife.

Marceline is playing chords on her bass. I laugh, making her look up in shock.

"What?" she asks defensively.

"It's the song I taught you." I grab her hands and we dance slowly around the room, as I start to sing a haunting song;

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Where they strung up a man they say that murdered three. Strange things did happen there no stranger would it be. If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Where a dead man called out, for his love to flee. Strange things did happen there no stranger would it be. If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree." It's Marceline's turn to laugh now.

"That song's so dark, Peebles. I never thought you would teach me something like that."

"I think it's from an old book on humans." I reply. "I can't be sure if it was fiction or not. It seemed pretty dark, but if you look at the world the humans left us I honestly wouldn't put it past them." I go to the bookcase to see if I could find said book and Marcy flops onto the sofa.

"Hey Bonniiiieee..." she says, "Why did it take so long for us to become gf's again?"

I think for a it, then sit down next to my wife.

"It's just...when we broke up, I was a wreck. And it took me so long to regain enough dignity to set aside that wreck you had left me in and become friends again." Marceline blushes and I take my hand in hers, "Hey, we were messed up teenagers. We didn't have guiding. I was worried that, with the amount of effort it took to get to where we were, it would take the tiniest thing to set us back t square one. It was like I was standing on stable ground and I was safe and happy. But close by was utter paradise. I could take a step towards it, but one wrong step could trigger a land mine and blow me away from paradise and the stable ground, sending me back to a place that could barely keep me alive. And I didn't want that. I wanted to be as close  the paradise as possible, without it sending me away..." I duck my head, embarrassed.

"Bonnie..." Marcy looks into my eyes. "I would never send you away again. I had always loved you, when we weren't speaking, when we were friends, when I thought the nasty Gumball Guardian had killed you. Even when I was singing to you about how I hated you. I was just angry that maybe you didn't love me the way I loved you. But now I understand. You just needed to save those little glass lives. I love you for that, and everything else you do."

I laugh, though my nose makes me sound like I have a nasal cold. "How are we so compatible? We're so different."

Marceline contemplates for a while, then says, "Because opposites attract. And when they do, they still work together.

Like sour candy."

Hi guys!

Thank you so much for reading this. I finished Adventure Time yesterday and Distant Lands today, which is what convinced me to finish my first Bubbline book. I hope you enjoyed it.

Please read my other Adventure Time book(s), I work hard on them. If you want to, I would be very happy if you put your thoughts in the comments, on the book, "Come Along With Me" and/or Distant Lands.

Again, thank you so much for sticking my book out until the end. I wish you a pleasant life (hopefully while reading other Adventure Time fanfics)

-Sad Marceline Simp