I Did That On Purpose

》 ¤ Chapter 50 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Soo-Young's POV

We finally got home after tossing that jerk in the garbage can. To be honest, I've never done anything adventurous or dangerous before, but I genuinely love it. Anyway, I promptly ran inside and laid down on my sofa because I needed to rest...

"You must be tired, little mouse." Ji-Hoon, who was leaning against the wall, chuckled softly when he saw me on the couch.

"I'm exhausted after all that chaos. I felt like I was on a rollercoaster." I immediately stood up and pursed my lips, remembering how we thrashed that womaniser.

"It is, indeed." He agreed with a nod.

"You know what's the best part? Hitting that womaniser and tossing him in the trash. After all, he did." I mumbled, but I was content at the same time.

"So, what are your thoughts? Is it worth it to go on with my way?" He sat down and innocently started asking me.

This giraffe is being cocky right now...

"It was worth it. It's perilous but thrilling at the same time." While giving him that cheeky smile, I gave him my honest opinions.

"I was afraid you wouldn't like it." For a brief moment, he felt relieved.

"However, I do have a question." I bite my fingernails as I stop and look at him.

"What is it?" He questioned me inquisitively.

"Are you certain this is one of your tricks?" I asked him just to be sure because it doesn't appear to be one.

"It's one of my prosecutor's ploys! I did that back in the States," he shot back, sensing my scepticism.

"These are mostly thugs' jobs or, should I say, mafia's?" I put my finger beneath my chin.

"Ya, that's even worse! What do you think of me, a thug?" He folded his arms and gave me a dead glare.

"No! I was merely curious." I said this while nervously laughing because he appeared to be upset right now.

"I'm going to sleep. Good night, little mouse." He walked upstairs, giving me a cold shoulder.

Did I offend him? I was being inquisitive. He becomes upset at me for no apparent reason. Jeez, how did I fall for this cold giraffe in the first place?...

The next day,

"What are you doing, little mouse?" Ji-Hoon asked me while putting some cornflakes in his bowl as he realised that I was busy early in the morning.

"I'm transferring the video that I took yesterday to my laptop. I'm doing that because I'm afraid that I might delete it and it's only one copy." I said while typing aggressively on the keyboard.

"Once you're done getting ready, we're going to find some information." He instructed me coldly while pouring some milk into the bowl after that.

"Ya, can Min-Jun and Ye-Ri come too?" I asked him as I got out of my seat.

"Why them?" He gave me that cold shoulder again, which made me roll my eyes.

"They're my best friends, and they wanted to meet me today. They would be helpful, I promise." I gave him those googly eyes while pleading, thinking that he might change his mind.

"Since you're begging me, I have no other choice but to say yes." He rolled his eyes because he couldn't really resist my cute hazel eyes.

"Yes, thank you!" I ran towards him and gave him a tight hug.