I'll Never Leave My Girl Alone

》¤ Chapter 81 ¤《

♧♧♧

Soo-Young's POV

I still can't believe I won the trial! I'm not dreaming, am I?!?...

As a result, Mr Lee and Chang-Woo will be arrested for the entirety of their lives unless they are represented by a lawyer. If they do, Ji-Hoon will take over the investigation. Mr Lee flashed me an evil smirk before he went, which was unusual for him, but I chose to ignore it because there was nothing he could do now...

"So I managed to convince you to be innocent. Shouldn't you be saying thank you?" I casually questioned Hye-Rin while placing both of my hands behind my back.

"I'm here because of you, and now I have to thank you. That is not going to happen." She sneered, rolling her eyes, convinced that if I hadn't sued her in the first place, none of this would have occurred.

"You should not have been so harsh with me. As a nutshell, if I hadn't sued you, things would have been far worse." I said as I gave her an innocent smile, expressing my facts that enraged her.

"Keep your mouth to yourself!" She huffed as she exited the court, flipping her hair, which made me scoff because she wasn't even grateful for my help.

This woman is just incredible!...

"Soo-Young ah!" Mi-Young called my name, and I turned to face her.

"What is it, Mi-Young?" I inquired, my gaze not fixed on her since I was gathering my belongings as I prepared to leave the court.

"Thank you for saving my mother and Soo-Ah. I owe you one." She thanked me nervously, which made me glad since, unlike Hye-Rin, she is thanking me.

"The peacock is grateful to me! I'm moved!" I responded in wonder, clutching my chest, though I was genuinely touched.

"I honestly don't know what to do with you." She rolled her eyes, annoyed with me for being so exaggerated.

"You don't have to owe me anything. But you should meet up with Jae-Joon. He's waiting for you, and you have no clue how patient he was." I winked at her and approached her, patting her shoulder and smiling pleasantly.

"I'm going to meet him after this." She grinned as she suddenly hugged me fiercely, causing me to blink stupidly many times.

What's up with her?...

"What was that for?" I questioned her while staring at her strangely because it was unusual for her to do so.

"No, I simply wanted to embrace you. I should get going because I need to meet someone, and I believe you know who it is." She remarked this as we parted ways, her eyes gleaming since she's off to see her lover.

"Good luck," I said, as she walked away.

"Well done, Soo-Young!" Ye-Ri gave me a highfive as she held me passionately, refusing to let me go.

"Well, it's all because of the evidence we have!" I grinned and winked while showing them the pendrive since I wouldn't have won without it.

"I'm proud of you, Soo-Young; you earned it." My chief grinned, and I'm sure he's relieved that the man who murdered his best buddy is now in prison.

"Thank you, chief, and it's all thanks to you." I answered that if the chief hadn't instructed me to take up Mr Lee's case, Hye-Rin would have been imprisoned for sure.

"I'm looking forward to lunch because the chief is treating us today." Yu-Jin threw her arms around Hyeon-Jun and Jeong-Wu, giving the chief an evil look.