》 ¤ Epilogue ¤ 《

》¤ Epilogue ¤《

~Separated Pasts~

Soo-Young's POV

♧♧♧

I went up to my room to get something after spending 30 minutes playing video games. Then I looked at my grandmother's room and realised I'd never been there before, especially after she died. So I considered stepping inside to see what was within...

I turned on the lights and entered. Grandma's table and chair are to the side, where she used to study most of the time. Her bed was on the opposite side, and when I stepped in deeper, I noticed a book shelf full of volumes. Grandma enjoys reading and buys a lot of books. I looked around, touching the books on the shelf to sense grandma's presence. Then I got a ladder and climbed up to get the books...

"Little mouse, what are you doing in here?" Ji-Hoon inquired since I had never entered my grandmother's chamber before, and to be honest, he was taken aback.

"So, I realised I'd never been here before, except when I was a kid. So I decided to investigate since my intuition urged me to." I murmured as my gaze was pulled to the books on the shelf because they were intriguing, and I didn't realise it until I almost fell.

"Be careful, you may injure yourself." He seized me fast while frowning since I was both careless and clumsy.

"I appreciate you catching me." I snorted and smacked his chest, and he rolled his eyes because he was done with me.

I moved over to her table, where I noticed a white envelope with my name inscribed on it. It's extremely dusty because it's been there for a long time. So I opened it, wondering why Grandma had written a letter for me...

"Is it a letter?" Ji-Hoon twitched his brows, having never previously seen a letter on the table.

"Probably you didn't see that, and grandma, by the way, wrote it to me." I mumbled as I ripped open the package and began reading it, intrigued as to what she had written to me.

Soo-Young, my beloved granddaughter ,

I doubt I'll be alive by the time you read this because you've never entered my room before, but I have hope you'll come in one day and read this letter. I have something I need to tell you, Soo-Young ah. I believed your mother was dead all along, but she isn't. She is still alive and well out there, searching for you. I'm going to see her tomorrow and explain everything to her, but my instincts tell me not to. If this fails, I want you to meet her, and she works for the AMF Company, which is well-known across South Korea.

Soo-Young, your twin sister, is your best friend, Ahn Soo-Ah. Your mother's name is Ahn Hye-Rin, and your father's name is Choi Jae-Jin. He was a police officer who was assassinated by Mr Lee, the CEO of The Genz Company. I didn't tell you everything because I know you'll be impacted, but I also can't conceal the truth. Soo-Young ah, you've been a wonderful grandchild to me, and I'm thankful for you.

I'm sorry for not informing you about my ailment since I don't want you to be concerned. Remember to never give up and to always be strong. You have to face the real world, and you can't always rely on me, but don't worry, you have your friends to help you. I love you, and please don't be so hard on yourself. You've gone above and above for me, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

By the way, get together with Ji-Hoon since you won't find another guy like him, and even if you don't want to, I'll make sure the two of you pair up! My mischievous baby had grown up so much, and I was overjoyed. You're like your father, but you're more unique, and I know you'll find the man who murdered your father.