Chapter 1: Fall of Odin

Down in the depth of the realm, the God of Thunder himself laid chained up in his cage, bored out of his mind. "Now, I know what you're thinking. Oh no! Thor's in a cage. How did this happen? Well, sometimes you have to get captured just to get a straight answer out of somebody." he said to no one.

Then sighs to himself, "It's a long story, but basically, I'm a bit of a hero. See, I spent some time on Earth, fought some robots, saved the planet a couple of times. Then I went searching through the cosmos for some magic, colorful Infinity Stone things. Didn't find any. That's when I came across a path of death and destruction which led me all the way here into this cage." he said in his montage.

Raising his head and looks at his cellmate and smiles. "Where I met you," he states, the skeleton lays there, already dead as the jaw bone came to lose. Then a distant sound catches his attention, flicking his eyes towards the outside of the cage. "Hmm. How much longer do you think we'll be here?" he asks Skully.

Then chains rattled, getting Thor's attention the cage shot open, causing Thor to fall through. The chain unravels and catches him as he was over 6 feet off the ground. The skeleton drops and shatters at contact as the flaming figure, chuckles as he sat in the remains of this throne, crippled and weak. "Thor, Son of Odin." he laughs.

And Thor looks at the bright figure. "Surtur, son of a bitch. You're still alive," he said with joy. "I thought my father killed you like, half a million years ago." he states "I cannot die. Not until I fulfill my destiny and lay waste to your home." Surtur reminds him.

Thor just smiles, "It's funny you should mention that. Because I've been having these terrible dreams of late. Asgard up in flames, falling to ruin. And you, Surtur, are at the center of all of them." he informs him. Making the god lean forward. "Then you have seen Ragnarok, the fall of Asgard. The great prophecy..." he declares. "Hang on," Thor calls out as he was facing away from the crippled god. "Hang on," he tells him as the chain creaks, and Thor wiggles, trying to face him again. "I'll be back around, shortly," he assures him, wiggling to turn back around. "I really feel like we were connecting there," he said to him, wiggling again and finally was facing him. "Okay, so Ragnarok. Tell me about it. Walk me through it." he asks of him.

Surtur just looks at him, "My time has come. When my crown is reunited with the Eternal Flame I shall be restored to my full might. I will tower over the mountains and bury my sword deep in Asgard's..." he declares to him. "Oh, hang on. Give it a second." Thor interrupts his monologue once again as he was facing away. "I swear I'm not even moving. It's just doing this on its own. I'm really sorry." he calls out.

Surtur just sighs to himself then Thor was finally facing him again, "Okay, so let me get this straight. You're going to put your crown into the Eternal Flame and then you'll suddenly grow as big as a house?" he sums up. "A mountain!" Surtur corrects him. "The Eternal Flame that Odin keeps locked away on Asgard?" Thor sums up again and Surtur leans back on his throne. "Odin is not on Asgard. And your absence has left the throne defenseless." Surtur informs him.

Thor just tilts his head, "Okay, so where is it? This crown?" he asks him, Surtur points to his brow. "This is my crown, the source of my power." he declares. "Oh, that's a crown. I thought it was a big eyebrow," he admits to him. "It's a crown," Surtur argues with him. Thor just nods, "Anyway, it sounds like all I have to do to stop Ragnarok is rip that thing off your head." he informs him.

Surtur just laughs as he stood from his throne, "But Ragnarok has already begun. You cannot stop it." he said, dragging his sword in after him. The hot metal scrapping on the ground behind him. He limps closer towards the Thunder God, who squints his eyes at the bright light, then grabs hold of Thor's chains and raised him closer to his eyes. "I am Asgard's doom, and so are you. All will suffer, all will burn," he said to him.