Welcome Home - Jake

Sunmi - 5 years old

No One POV

"Appa!" a voice shouted as Jake opened the front door. Taking off his shoes, he walked over to the living room to get attacked by his little koala, Sunmi. Layla danced around them, her tail wagging ferociously. 

"Y/N?" Jake called, wondering where you were.

"I'm in the kitchen Jake!" you called back.

Jake dragged himself (because Sunmi was still clinging on to him) to the kitchen, and seated himself on a kitchen stool, taking Sunmi to his lap. Layla came after a moment and sat on the floor next to you.

"How was practices?" you asked, as you cut up the vegetables for the salad.

"It was ok. Really tiring though." Jake answered back, while cuddling Sunmi, who had herself wrapped around her father.

"Go and take a bath. Dinner will be ready for you when you come." you said.

"Thanks petal." he said as he placed Sunmi on a stool and stood up. He gave you a quick peck on the cheek and went to take his relaxing bath.

After dinner...

All four of you were in a huge cuddle puddle on the living room couch. Sunmi was on Jake's lap as usual. You were hugging his side while your head was placed on his shoulder. Layla had fallen asleep, with her head on your lap.

"Appa will you put me to bed? You never do these days." Sunmi asked with a pout.

Jake looked at her in guilt. Because of the comeback Enhypen had, Jake really didn't have a lot of time to spend with his family. You had taken care of everything in the household. You did everything from cleaning to taking Layla for walks and dropping and picking up Sunmi from school. He wanted to be a help around in the house for at least once.

"Appa's really tired from work sweetheart. How about this? I'll put you to bed this week and Appa will put you to bed next week when he doesn't have any work?" you asked Sunmi, before Jake could reply. Jake could see the tiredness in your eyes. 

"Actually, I'm not so tired today. Sunmi go and get ready for bed ok? I'll come upstairs soon." Jake told Sunmi as the little girl giggled and ran upstairs to get ready for bed.

"Jake-" you started but got interrupted with a kiss. 

"It's ok love. I know you are tired. You've done so much around the house." Jake told you.

"Thank you Jake."

Jake smiled warmly at you. "After I put Sunmi to bed, we can cuddle more."

"I'd love that."