𝐗𝐈

ANNAGRACE REID

ANNAGRACE REID

i let out a sigh as i laid my head in my arms on my desk.

last night shouldn't have happened.

i feel bad for even allowing it to happen. before i left, jessie just looked so broken, and i hate that.

not only that, but if anyone finds out about what happened last night, not only will i lose my job, but i could also get my license revoked.

i don't wanna lose my job.

i rubbed at my temples as i tried to clear my mind. i looked over at my clock, seeing that it was time for jessie's session.

i'm nervous.

i got up and walked out to the lobby, scanning the room. my eyes landed on jj; i was honestly kinda shocked. i thought she would skip out on it today.

"jessie." i caught her attention. she looked up from her lap, making brief eye contact with me before standing up and walking over to me.

we walked in silence to my office. she sat down on the couch, while i sat in my seat.

maybe the best thing to do would be to act like last night didn't even happen.

i cleared my throat a bit. "so... how are you feeling, jj?"

"like shit."

"do you wanna talk—"

"don't ask that as if you don't know exactly why." she cut me off.

she looked down at her lap. "listen, about last night, i..." she stopped talking as her eyes watered and she bit her lip. "fuck, bro, i can't do this." she shook her head as she stood up and started to walk out of my office.

"jj, wait—" i stood up as well as i tried to stop her but i was cut off by her shutting the door in my face.

fuck.

i stepped out of my office, only to see her already stepping out into the lobby. i ran my hands down my face.

"what was that about?" jayden asked as she walked up to me.

"she had a family emergency." i lied, my eyes not leaving the door that lead to the lobby.

"ahh," jayden hummed. "so, you have some time off right now?"

"yeah, i guess i do," i sighed. "why?"

she pulled her card out of her pocket. "would you like to go get me some food?"

"only if i can use your card to buy me some food too." i compromised.

"okay deal, but you best not get anything that's more than fifteen dollars."