4

It seemed like prom came closer day by day. By the time Tooru realized it was the night before prom. He felt ready, but that morning he woke up more nervous than ever. 

"Oikawa.. Oikawa!" Oikawa woke up startled.

"WHO DIED?!"

"God.. hurry up or you're going to be late!" 

"Mom.. five more minutes"

"You don't even have 5 minutes. School starts in 20 minutes, and I'm not driving you."

"Shit- I'm up!"

"Language!" Oikawa rolled his eyes.

Oikawa yawned, "Sorry," as he got out of bed he realized the imprint in his boxers. He woke up with morning wood.. 

"Hajime is waiting for you outside!" his mom called out.

"Great.." he muttered,  "tell him I'll be out in five!" he accommodated the inconvenience and rushed putting on his clothes and brushing his teeth, then ran out the door with his bag at hand.

"What took you so long?" 

"Sorry, I slept in," he said, fixing his hair while they walked.

"What's up? you're not the type to sleep in."

"It's nothing, just had a weird dream.."

"Really?.. What was it about?" Oikawa's ears got red, "You there?" Iwaizumi waved his hand in front of Oikawa's face.

"Oh yeah- uh sorry. Uhm it was just about somethings."

"May I know what are those things..?"

"No! I mean- I can't tell you."

"Why?"

"Because!"

"Because?"

"Because I don't want to."

"Oikawa, you can tell me. If you think I'm gonna think you're weird well it's too late for that because I already think you're weird."

Oikawa sighed. "Jeez Iwa, you've got no hope for me do you.. It's nothing.. I'll tell you some other day."

"Okay..?"

--

Practice ended way too early due to prom. While the guys where putting away the equipment Oikawa and Makki where talking near the net.

"You should tell him."

Oikawa sighed. It's a statement he's heard countless times and each time he hears it he gets even more stressed. "Why?"

"Why not?"

"It's not so easy as you may think!" He whispered yell.

"It is though" He smiled. "If you like him then just tell-"

"Who likes who?" Iwaizumi appeared behind them.

"Nobody!"

"Oikawa likes-" Oikawa covered Makki's mouth.

"-Nobody!"

"You like someone?" Iwa questioned, a little surprised. He always tells him everything but for some reason he was keeping this a secret.

Matter a fact he didn't remember his friend ever liking anyone ever since that day he got broken up with in middle school. The girl broke up with him and he just remembers Oikawa running to his house in tears, and so Iwaizumi did his best to comfort him buy making hot chocolate and a candy bowl.