Twenty-Six

Amy's funeral was depressing. Her whole family was there. Amy wasn't the type to commit suicide: Mark knew it and so did her family. Mark was heavily sobbing, which is surprising because I never really saw him cry. After the ceremony was over, we stayed for the banquet they held. Mark gave me a big hug and sobbed on my shoulder. I patted and rubbed his back.

"It's okay, Mark. She may not be around anymore but at least she's in our hearts and minds." I said.

"Yeah, I just can't believe she did it. She was always happy." His voice was shaky. I'm Amy's killer and Mark doesn't know it. We ate some of the food and all of us talked to each other. Afterwards, Mark headed home to be alone for a while. I don't blame him.

I decided to drive myself back to the dorms. I enter and I see Alex sitting on the couch, watching TV. He looked over to me and smiled. Calena was hanging out with Kyle, who she's going to break up with. Shay was somewhere. Calena came back and sighed.

"How'd it go?" I asked.

"Awful, he cried for two hours. In the middle of it, I left. I feel so bad." she plopped on her bed, face down into her pillow.

"Well, if he blows you off for his friends, he deserves to be dumped. If he doesn't have time for you, he doesn't deserve your love and time." I said.

"I guess you're right." she said, her face still in her pillow. "Thanks Bree."

"Anytime." I smiled. "Since you're single now, maybe we should celebrate. Go to the club and get shit-faced. That's the best way to get over a break-up." I said.

"Yeah. Why not?" she said, sitting up on her bed.

"Am I invited or is it a girls' night?" Alex asked.

"You can come too, invite Shay too." he nodded and decided to call Shay.

____________________________________________________________

Alex, Calena, Shay, and I arrived at the club. I was at the bar while everyone else was somewhere around. I texted Alex to ask where he was and he texted back. He said he was on the dance floor, I told him not to move and that I'm coming over to him.

I pocketed my phone, and headed over towards Alex and the others. I felt someone grab my shoulder and I felt a sharp pain in my left side. Then, they pushed me down to the floor. I covered my side with my hand and blood covered it. The person threw the knife on the floor with my blood on it. I looked up and saw Kaleb kneeling down.

"Bree." he smiled.

"Kaleb." I frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"Like I said before, I want you back. If I can't, no one can." he stood up and grabbed my phone. He kicked me in the abdomen.

"Fuck you! You deserve to rot in hell. I remember you killed all those people. They shouldn't have let you out of prison. You should've stayed in there to rot!" I yelled, spitting out some blood.

"Shut up!" he kicked me again. My phone started ringing and he answered it.

'Bree, where the hell are you? I thought you were coming to the dance floor.'

"Well, hello Alex. I got your girlfriend here and she's bleeding out due to a stab wound I caused. You better hurry if you want to save her life." he ended the call and threw the phone at me. "I have more people to kill, see ya." he left and closed the door behind him.

'Alex, you better hurry.' I thought and passed out from blood loss. Then, I felt someone caress me in their arms. I faintly heard them call an ambulance.

______________________________________________________________

I slowly started to wake up as I heard beeping. I looked around the room and saw Alex in the chair next to the bed, his leg shaking.

"A-Alex?" I said, he looked up at me.

"Oh my god. Bree, what happened?"

"Kaleb stabbed me." I sighed. "You saved me, Alex. Thank you." I smiled.

"I'm here baby, I always will be." he held my hand and smiled.

"It's my fault, I should've never gone on my own." I looked at him.

"Bree, it's not your fault. You didn't know it was going to happen." he kissed my hand. "How did this happen in the first place?"

"I was at the bar. I texted you and you told me you were on the dance floor. I started heading your way until he grabbed my shoulder, stabbed me, and pushed me to the floor."

"Honestly, I knew something like this was gonna happen." he said. Rage rained over him. I could see the fire in his eyes. "If I ever see the son of a bitch... I'm gonna kill him."

From that moment on, I knew he wasn't joking. He was being serious.