Thirty-One

After Alex and I's conversation, I wanted to kill Kaleb so badly, even if it meant that I risked my own life to give Alex his humanity back. Again.

"Did you miss being a werewolf?" I asked.

"Yes and no. I really missed the super strength, the ability to hear things from far away, smell things far away. I missed those things but I hated the pain, the rage, the hunger. I especially hated murdering the ones I love." he said.

"This might be a touchy subject, but you never talk about your parents. Why?"

"I killed them..."

"How?"

"They were in town to visit. Friday was the night of the full moon and I wanted to spend as much time with them before they left. Friday came and I was in the bathroom. I heard a knock on the door as I changed. My dad opened the door and I ripped his throat out. I mutilated my mum's body." he started crying. I've never seen him cry before. I hugged him tightly.

"I'm so sorry Alex. It's hard losing your parents. I would know. I've been in your shoes before. You guys helped me when Ashley got killed. You, Calena, and Shay helped me through the pain and suffering of losing a loved one. Let me help you through this." I smiled. He thought about it and looked at me.

"Okay, I'll let you help me." he smiled at me.

"What are we going to do about Kaleb?"

"I'm not sure yet. We'll think of something." he said as he scooted closer to me and kissed me. 

"When's the full moon?" I asked.

"Tomorrow."

"Need help with it?"

"You can help me by staying inside the car."

"Okay." I sighed. He checked his phone and stood up from the bed.

"I guess I should get going. Kaleb needs me for something." He walked over to me and kissed me. "I love you baby."

"I love you too." He went over to the window and climbed out. I went downstairs to grab a drink from the fridge. Mark looked at me.

"Want to watch a movie?" he asked.

"Sure, let me get some pajamas on and I'll be down."

"Okay." I went back upstairs to change into some pajamas. I quickly changed into some pjs and headed back downstairs. I sat on the couch, cuddled up with a blanket. Mark started the movie and I suddenly started to drift off.

-DREAM-

Alex was right beside me and he held my hand.

"You ready?" he asked as his eyes changed.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I felt my eyes burning so I closed them and I could see far away. I'm a werewolf. I could see, hear, and smell everything from miles away.

"Tell me what you smell." he said.

"I can smell pork chops cooking on a stove, I can see a deer from miles away, and I can hear people talking." 

"Good. That's a thing that werewolves can do." he smiled. His smile turned into sharp teeth, his fingers turned into claws. I started changing too. I sniffed something and I started chasing after it. I saw a woman who's jogging through the woods. I pounced on her and ripped her throat out.

I jolted up and Mark looked at me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just had a nightmare."

"You should go to bed." he said.

"Yeah, I'll see you in the morning." I headed upstairs and Chica followed behind me. I closed my bedroom door and laid in bed. Chica laid next to me. "Night, Chica." I smiled and she licked my hand.

______________________________________________________________

The next morning, I woke up to check my messages and saw a message from Alex.

'Morning, love.'

'Morning.'

'Wanna go out for breakfast?'

'Sure, let me get ready and meet me outside of Mark's house.'

'Okay, I'll be there in a few.'

I quickly got dressed and Chica ran out of my bedroom. I went downstairs and Mark was making breakfast.

"Morning." he said.

"Morning." I replied. He looked at me.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going out for breakfast with Alex."

"Be safe, I saw the news this morning about someone getting attacked in the forest last night."

'Oh shit...' I thought.

What if my dream actually came true? I'm not a monster so who did it?