Part 5

Sirius and James arrive home from Peters. They went to Peters around noon and it is now 4. They don't usually have a curfew but they have dinner with their new neighbors tonight. Apparently their mum knows them. Said she went to college with her. They enter their home and are greeted by their mother. Their mum was dressed very nice but their father wasn't there.

"Boys go up stairs and change. Something somewhat nice please. Doesn't have to be too fancy. But that means no sweats."

The boys run upstairs to change. Sirius goes in his room. To his closet. He grabs a pair of severly distressed jeans , his nicest nirvana shirt, a green cardigan, and his doc martins. He exists his room at the same time as James, they both start laughing.

"Oh shoot i forget..."

Sirius blurts out but is interrupted by James. James hands him a hair tie.

"Thanks."

Sirius says quickly throwing his hair up. They run down the stairs trying to beat each other to the bottom as they often did. James always won though. Sirius always blamed it on the fact that James legs where longer.

"Hey boys ready?"

They both shook their heads. They walked across the street.

"Hello everyone."

Hope said greeting everyone and hugging Euphemia.

"So good to see you Hope."

Hope shook her head agreeing and leading everyone in.

"It's so nice to finally meet you boys."

Hope said with a smile over the loud music. It was She by Harry Styles blasting and you could hear someone singing to it up the stairs.

"Sorry about the music. Thats my son Remus he is painting his room right now."

Hope said smiling.

"Oh that's alright Sirius is the same with his music. I hear this song quite often."

Sirius looked down a little guilty.

"Just a sec. Remus. Remus. He can't hear me. Do you boys mind?"

Hope asked they shook their heads. They headed up the stairs. They heard the song change to come as you are. James laughed he knew how much Sirius listened to this song. They entered the room the music and singing was coming from. They see a tall guy dancing around singing with the songs whilst painting the room. A dark maroon almost red color and the other half a light brown. It didn't seem like they should go together but they kinda worked. Remus started singing a bit louder painting. Sirius' jaw dropped when he saw him. Which put a giant smile across james' face. James pushed Sirius' mouth closed and Sirius slapped his hand away.

"Uhm. Hello. Remus?"

James asked. Remus jumped and turned around. He was covered in scars, extremely tall. Like taller than James. Had golden brown hair, he was also covered in light brown freckles, with bright green eyes. Sirius gulped.

"Damn."

Sirius said when he saw Remus. James was having trouble holding in his laugh.

"Who are you guys?"

Sirius was searching around the room looking for an indicater that Remus was not straight. Remus was wearing a giant oversized sweater with the sleeves pushed to his elbows, and long loose sweat pants. That was not helpful.

"I'm James and that hot mess over there is Sirius. Umm our mums are friends and we live right across the street."

"Oh i see, not to be rude but, is Sirius mute or something?"

He said moving a couple boxes.

"No he.. I speak."

Sirius said smiling a little too hard. Remus shook his head he accidentally spilled one of his boxes James rushed over to help. James then saw a pride flag and shot a look to Sirius. Sirius looked confused. Then he saw it. He gasped a little.

"What?"

Remus asked and he soon realised Sirius was gasping about the pride flag he didn't necessarily think it was a bad gasp but didn't know how to react.

"Oh nothing just nice pride flag. I used to have one like that, but then i accidentally spilled paint on it and haven't gotten a new one yet. Then James took my other one. Also I feel like I haven't properly introducedmy self I am Sirius."

Sirius finally got a couple sentences out without being a fool. He slid his hand out of his pocket and reached his hand out for Remus to shake. Remus didn't notice it.

"Oh ok."

Remus said relieved he couldn't deal with anymore homophobes after his dad. Remus accidentally spilled another box.

"Bath room?"

James quickly asked.

"Downstairs."

James headed down stairs. Sirius went over to help Remus pick up the things on the floor. Remus checked out Sirius looking him up and down. Sirius felt his eyes on him and noticed he stopped picking things up. Sirius' cheeks turned red and Remus bit the inside of his lip.

"Oh Remus you have paint on your face."

Remus pointed to a spot on his face.

"Here?"

Sirius shook his head.

"Here?"

Sirius shook his head again.

"Here just let me."

Sirius said rubbing the paint off Remus' face. Remus gulped and started breathing a little hard. Sirius could feel his breath on his face.

"Uh thanks."

Remus said staring at Sirius' eyes.

"Uh whats with the red and brown?"

Remus shrugged.

"I couldn't decide. So i did both."

Sirius nodded they both stood up. Sirius looks up at Remus.

"I like it."

Remus smiled.

"Thanks."

"So um. Do you got a boyfriend or well girlfriend or maybe I should just say partner?"

Sirius smiled at a flustered Remus.

"Sorry is that too intrusive, nevermind."

"Hey I don't mind answering. It's not too intrusive. Um. I was with this guy a couple months ago but I ended things, just wasn't going anywhere. Also to clarify I'm gay like 100 percent homo."

Remus laughed.

"What about you? Do you have a partner?"

"Um no I don't I'm a bisexual who is by themselves."

( I'm sorry for the dad jokes)
"Dinner."

Hope yelled.