Job Opportunity

"Lucy, your phone is ringing" I hear someone aggressively yell from across the room. "Pick it up, it's driving me nuts"

"Okay, Okay, I got it" I hurry to my desk and pick up the phone. "Hi, this is Lucy speaking" I politely answer the phone.

"I'm calling for the job you applied for at Dragneel Inc."the man on the other line informs.

"Oh yes. I have been waiting for your call" I sit at my desk and listen intently.  I had sent in my resume two weeks before.

"Well, we would like to schedule an interview with you. How does next week Tuesday at 10 sound?"

"That sounds great," I say as I try to hold my excitement as to not let them know I really need to job or seem desperate.

"We will see you then," he says as he hangs up the phone quickly. Once I am sure the phone has been hung up, I squeal.

"Could you stop it? I get enough noises with you leaving your phone ring for longer than it should. So I don't need to hear you squealing. You're so annoying" one of my coworkers grumbles from across the room.

"Well, I'll have you know that If this interview goes alright, I'll be out of your hair for good" I excitedly shout.

"Good riddance, so where is this job you applied for," she asks as she turns back towards her desk.

"Well, it's not the exact position I want but I will prove I can do better than anyone else he's got in his whole company" I admit, "But I will a P.A for some guy at Dragneel Inc."

"Hahaha" she laughs and she laughs until she can't breathe and steps out of the room. I know it sounds stupid but I have always wanted to prove that I can be more powerful and successful than any man that my dad could raise to be the heir to his company. I was born as the only child of Jude and Layla Heartfillia, they couldn't have any more children so they insisted that I marry quickly and have him take over the company. When I suggested that I take over it, he laughed in my face. Ever since then I have been trying to prove to my father that I can do it without him and he can't stop me. He might not accept me but even so, I will prove to him that he has made a mistake.

Right now, I work in this crummy office picking up phone calls and scheduling meetings with the people my boss doesn't want to deal with, turning them down when she can't even be bothered to talk to them at all. I guess that what you don't have to deal with when you are the boss.

"Sorry Lucy, I had to step out to laugh at your stupidity. I can't believe you could even dream of making your way up to a top-level company like that. I mean he is the richest man in all of Fiore and he probably won't even notice you" she insults when she comes back in the room, face red from laughing.

I sit back down at my desk and take more phone calls. I can't wait for next Tuesday. I guess I should get some new outfits to wear at my interview and when I start working there. I assume the clothes I wear to work here wouldn't fit his company's image. I wonder who's P.A I would be and what they are like.

I've heard that only the best of the city work at Dragneel Inc. The fact that I was even considered for an interview for a P.A is amazing. I mean I didn't think I had that much of an impressive resume. I hope I can live up to their expectations and more.

I get a text on my personal phone from a number I don't recognize. It says to come to the office tomorrow to get set up with a badge to enter the building and id cards. I wonder what that is about but I guess it must be part of the security since they have a lot going on.

I look at the time and see that it is about time to leave and I can't wait to get out of here. This has only been my job for two years since my father told me to get out of his face if I wanted to say such 'outlandish' things. So I left with the intention of coming back and rubbing his words back in his face. I get up from my desk and pack up all of my things and get ready to go home. I'm about to walk out the door when I hear someone call for me.