Gossip and Rumors

I step out of the sunlight and walk down the steps. I walk past people and they look at me. I realize it's because of the outfit, I live in a low-end apartment on the edge of the town, so for me to come out dressed like this seems to be out of the ordinary for them. I used to dress in high fashions all the time when I still lived at home and for a while when I lived here in the beginning. I noticed the stares I would get so I decided I should change my style to match what I would wear if I lived here. So seeing me dressed like this once again reminds them of the moment I first started living here.

I hurry out of there to avoid the starers and walk towards the sidewalk. It's not too long of a walk to get there. I mean the building is located uptown and it towers over everything around it. I wonder what it will be like to be in that type of scene again. Everyone has places to be and they're in a rush to get there. Fast-paced and no room for error when your running late.

I walk up to a crosswalk and push the button, I wait for the light to change and cross in a matter of moments. I wonder if I do well in this job if I could get myself a car to drive to work every day because it would be a bit of a far walk to have to do every single day. Ahead of me, I see the large building towering over me and casts me in the shade of it.

I walk through the double glass door and immediately have security running towards me checking to see who I am.

"Excuse me Miss, but what business do you have here?" one of the men ask me.

"I was told to come here today to get an id check-in for my interview next Tuesday?" they direct me over to the table that is located in the corner of the room. There is a lady sitting there and she seems to be distracted and which is why she didn't notice when I first walked into the room. "Excuse me" I try to gain her attention.

"Excuse me," I say once again.

"Oh sorry, I didn't see you there" she looks up at me. "So what can I help you with?" she asks politely.

"Well, I have a job interview here next Tuesday and I was told t come here for some sort of ID for it"

"Well, I guess you must be Lucy Heartfillia" I hear a deep voice say behind me. The lady behind the desk seems to have stopped whatever she was doing and was paying attention to whoever was behind me. I turn around and look.

Who do I see?

No one else but Mr. Dragneel himself.

"Yes sir. " I stutter out surprised.

"It's weird that the daughter of a multimillionaire would come here looking for a job like a personal assistant" he laughs.

I stand there in shock as well in annoyance at how I don't have the words to speak to him.

"I guess what the gossip and rumour blogs say is true. You really were cut off from your family and it's money" he laughs at me coldly and I couldn't help but get angry at him. "So what happened for you to get cut off from the fortune, did you make daddy angry"

That was it, I snapped. All the anger I had been holding in from the two years of abuse from my father and from people who don't believe that I can make it came bursting out like a dam breaking.

"I don't care what you think of me but I do know that whatever those gossip pages and what the rumours have no idea the true story about what happened. So I don't particularly care for your mocking tone. If you don't want me to work here then say that, don't come here just to mock me because I will prove to everyone that I am not here to fool around. I have a goal and I won't let anyone distract me from it" It came out before I could even think to stop myself. I bet he won't let me work here, no matter who it is that needs a personal assistant.