Close

"I'll come to pick you up at your place at 6 if that's alright?" Natsu asks as he comes back into the office.

"Yeah, I'll be ready" I respond. I have been trying to hide the fact that I have been nervous about the party this whole time, it's not easy.  Every single time I think I've finally gotten myself to calm down, I get this vision of my father telling me I'm gonna mess everything up. It makes me think that there is no way I can get out of this without screwing up. He really has been the source of my nightmares ever since I left that place.

I just have to get past this and push forward.

The office is rather quiet today and it seems nice to have a relaxing workday for a change. It's better than having people coming in here and disturbing you every couple of minutes. I answer phone calls and keep up with things going on in the building.  Natsu has been silently working in his office for the whole day and he hasn't spoke to me much today. It not like him but I don't want to pry maybe he just really has some tough work to do today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll see you tonight" Natsu says as he leaves the office.

"Yeah see ya then" It's quite weird to see him leave the office before me so I wonder what's going on. Again, I 'm getting to curious and I need to stop. Ever since that day when we went to the city of Hargeon together, I can't get this feeling of wanting to be with him all the time out of my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take a shower and start to get ready for the party. I still have no idea what this party is for but I don't think it's to much of a big deal if Natsu hasn't told me. It must be a chill evening to get together and chat or he would have told me otherwise right?

I guess I don't have to be to worried. I just can't get over the feeling that I'm going to screw up and make things bad for Natsu.

I think that Natsu can handle anything that comes his way, but if I mess up to many times. I Mean how may times can he cover for me without getting tired of me and my screw ups.

"Hey Lu-lu, Natsu's here" I Levy call out to me.

I look at the clock and see its only 5:00.  "But it's only five."  I yell out after getting the finishing touches done on my make up, I wasn't even in my dress yet.

"Well I have no clue why he's here, but you better answer the door" at that I hear the knock, and I rush out my bedroom door. I give myself a few moments to compose myself before answering the door.

I open the door and see Natsu dressed in the great suit we had picked out that day. The red really looked good on him and made me stumble on my words.

"What are you doing here so early?" I stammer out. "I'm not even in my dress yet"

"We'll take your time. I just wanted to be a bit early but take the time you need" he answers with a smile.

"Well all I have left is to put my dress on" thankfully.

"Alright, then we can go for the early drinks" his true intentions come out. I laugh.

"You could have just said you wanted to go for drinks"

"It wouldn't look professional of me if i did, would it"

That makes me laugh even harder.

"Alright, I'll go put in the dress and then we'll be ready to go then" I say and head off back to my bedroom and slip on the dress.

I look at myself in the mirror and imagine Natsu standing next to me. I imagine me with my arm around his and his hand on mine draped over his arm. Both wearing dazzling smiles. I laugh at my own thought.