Pattern

"Good morning" I say as I show my ID badge to the security guard at the entrance. I enter the elevator and go to the top floor.

"Hi Erza" I greet her.

"Hi Lucy, can you please go into Natsu's office and calm him down" she pleads.

"Why what's going on?" I ask.

"He's freaking out and I'm not sure why?"

"Alright," I go into the office and see Natsu sitting at his desk with his head down on the desk and he's staring into oblivion.

"Natsu" I tentatively speak.

He raises his head and looks as if he was sleeping there. He looks like he hasn't gotten a good nights sleep in weeks.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Nothing" he slurs. Then the smell hits me, he smells like alcohol.

"Natsu!" I scold, "What were you thinking!? Are you hungover"

"Shut up. Your being way to loud for this early in the morning" he says as he holds his head in his hands. I decide to go and make him some coffee, and hand him a cup.

"Have you tried having a cup of coffee to wake up" he sips it slowly and it seems to sober him up enough to realize what's going on here.

"Sorry Luce. I felt bad about that day. I want to apologize. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you. I knew what type of person Lisanna was so I should have watched out for it myself" he asks forgiveness.

"I accept, just please next time don't feel so bad as to go drinking on a work night and get drunk. Mistakes can be made that way" I laugh at the sight of how he looks at the moment. He shrinks and I realize my laughing is to loud for him so I quiet down.

"Alright, I'll be working. Try to get some work done today but try to recover. Also did you go to the bar in these clothes, if you did you might need to change to give yourself a better smell"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He sobered up by noon enough to be acting like his normal self. Except for a few changes, he doesn't treat me the same way he did before all of this happens. He's distancing himself from me.

I walk into his office.

I place some documents on his desk and he doesn't even say anything" in case he didn't see I try saying something. "All done"

"Thanks" and that's all he says. I walk back to my desk and wait for the rest of the day to pass because nothing else seemed to happen or take up my time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I start to get ready to go home and Natsu comes out of his office.

"Yukino will be coming here tomorrow so when she does just let her in" Natsu informs. Theirs that girls name again. I swear, if I hear about her to much, I'm gonna be upset.

"Alright. I was wondering if you could..."

"Goodnight Lucy" he says as he walks out of the office and leaves me alone. I slump back into my chair and ponder for a moment.

What am I supposed to do now. I'm left with some many questions about my job and the man I work with.

As well, as the man I slept with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yukino comes into the office and gives me a smile and I let her past and into Natsu's office. She doesn't stay long but talks with him for a while and then leaves.

"Hey Lucy. Could I get you to hand these documents over to the finance department?" Natsu asks as he finally gets out of his office. I haven't spoke to him all day and now he chooses to speak and only that.