Chapter 67: Mark

The bizarre event had happened quickly, but Ji Yunhe squirmed over it for a long time.

        She teased Changyi over him never being seduced by a woman, but neither had she ever seduced a man before. What happened from her first attempt was truly unexpected and disturbing.

        Once the embarrassment subsided, Ji Yunhe thought about this matter and felt it was actually a bit funny and ridiculous. However, after the humor faded, she then felt something was a bit odd.

        What kind of a person was Changyi? Even if he had been betrayed and transformed into someone mean and brutal, he should not have become so imprudent.

        Else he would not have spent six years making plans to rescue her from the Grand Master and bring her back to punish.

        He imprisoned her, and tormented her because he could not get over what she had done...

        He had always been stubborn. Would such a stubborn fish suddenly give up the rules his tribe abided by for centuries and boldly kiss someone who did not promise a lifetime with him? 

        Just for revenge? Or to embarrass her?

        Ji Yunhe felt like he must be keeping something from her.

        She did not want to meander much on this, so she waited until her next meal. The stubborn fish stubbornly adhered to his own rules and stubbornly came to watch Ji Yunhe eat.

        She set down her chopsticks, suppressed her feelings of embarrassment, ignored the awkwardness of the man across the table, and bluntly confronted him.

        "Yesterday, why did you kiss me?"

        His face was behind a piece of paper. Upon hearing her question, the paper remained there for a while, then lowered. 

        Changyi's expression was cold like always.

        "Didn't you want to give it a try?"

        "Who wanted to try that?!" Ji Yunhe failed to control her emotions and her face flushed red. She was about to stand up but quickly suppressed herself and took a deep breath. "Changyi, you know what I'm talking about."

        "The one who provoked me was you." Changyi threw the paperwork onto the table and stared at her. "And now the one interrogating me is also you. I don't know what you want to say."

        "Okay, then I'll be thorough. Your people only allow one partner for life. Why did you break that rule and kiss me yesterday?"

        They looked at each other, talked about the matters of a man and a woman, but there was no affection or romance.

        "I abided by the rules of my people and did not break them."

        He answered her a moment later.

        And this answer muffled her voice.

        She actually had a slight idea of what was going on before she asked, but when she heard Changyi say it himself, she was still shocked. "When did you..."

        Changyi said, "That was not the first time you and I had skin to skin contact."

        An image flashed in Ji Yunhe's head. It was the day she escaped from this small courtyard and ran to the frozen lake. Changyi bit her in the ear out of anger, and it made her bleed and left a small blue mark...