FMP: 20

Zamiere Saetta

     The weekend breezed by without much communication between Pièrre and me. I kept reaching out to Iyaz to hopefully clear up any bad blood between us, but he wasn't going for any conversation with me. Understandably so, I felt like complete shit. What happened between Pièrre and me was a long time coming. The history the kid and I share is on a different level. I'll admit I could've and should've stopped it before we got physical, but My body wouldn't allow me to. My head was telling me that what I was about to do was wrong but my dick stood at full attention wanting what I'd been craving since I first met Pièrre.

     Pièrre had been keeping to himself the past few days. He's just getting out of a toxic situation himself so I understand. I feel as though P and I never fully had a chance to explore what being with each other would be like. It just sucks it came at the expense of someone else. I finished lacing up my shoes and grabbed my keys to head to work. I didn't know what the vibe would be walking into the job today. I had the weekend off, so I haven't directly had to see Yaz since we broke it off. I did have some type of feelings for him. I just didn't think it was fair to string him along while I figured out my own emotions.

     I spark a blunt while driving to work. I especially needed to be high to deal with any bullshit that may come my way today. 21 Savage rocked in the background as air drove. My thoughts were running a mile a minute hoping this day would end before I even got on the clock. Shortly, I arrived to work putting out my blunt in the ashtray. I could see we were starting to get busy already. I didn't mind being busy because that would less time I would spend around Yaz. I sigh loudly, exiting my car, and locking the doors. Anything Yaz and I need to speak about can be done after work.

     I walk inside seeing a small line of customers. I greet the ones that were in the mood to greet back and walk behind the counter. I greet my coworker Shanice as she's working on the register. " Wassup Pimp? " I nod to her.

She waves smiling slightly. " Nobody told you to be off all weekend. We needed you here. " She sasses, rolling her eyes.

     " You know I don't do weekends. " I reply, going to the register beside her to clock in before she stops me.

" Oh! " She shouts, " Your manager told me to tell you to come see him before you get on the clock. "

     My stomach dropped a little bit. " Did he say what for? " I ask.

" I try not to talk to him for too long. " She shrugs. I already know she doesn't care for Yaz that much, so I don't question her further.  I turn on my heels walking to the back speaking to everyone else working as I did so. I reach the back office seeing Iyaz sitting at the desk on the computer.

      " You wanted to see me? " I ask, less than enthused to be in here right when I get to work.

" Shut the door. " He says, without even glancing at me.

     I oblige his request turning to shut the door. I pull up a chair sitting close to him. " Look, I'm glad you're giving me a chance to explain... "

" We not doing that. " He says, interrupting me. " Our relationship is strictly professional now. No need for anything else. "

     I was speechless but I understood his attitude. " What's this about then? " I ask, sitting back.

" I was doing your review for your raise and noticed you've been lacking in a lot of areas. With that being said I'm not gonna put in the recommendation for it. "

     I looked at him confused because I do my job to the best of my ability with no complaints. I was hoping what was happening wasn't happening. He using his anger at me to tamper with my job. That's some foul low-class shit on his end. " You can't be serious Yaz. " I say.