FMP: 12

Zamiere Saetta

I sat staring at the clock in an impatient frenzy. It was so silent and boring in the waiting room. I watched as patients came in and out of the building going about their day. For some reason even though Pièrre had an appointment to be here it seemed like everyone else was going ahead of him. Safe to say I was growing tired of it. I calmed my nerves knowing I was only here for moral support, and because he asked me to be here. If it was anyone else I'd say kiss my ass.

" Thanks for coming with me Zamiere. " Pierre says, knocking me out of my inner ranting monologue.

" Happy to be here. " I chuckled, cynically.

" Don't be like that. We will be gone in no time. " He nudges me.

" I'm no time passed an hour ago P. The whole day has passed. " I retorted.

" Don't be so dramatic. " He laughs. " I think my Mom hates the wait to that's why she asked you to bring me. "

" I'm glad I'm not the only one who has suffered this torture. I really don't mind though. "

" I enjoy your company even though you're extremely quiet today. "

" My Bad," I reply, going to Instagram on my phone looking through the explore page since my feed was boring.

" Coming to the Doctors office makes me nervous though. "

" Why? " I asked, attentively. I could tell he was nervous as well with all of the talking he kept doing.

" You know I really don't have a reason. I guess you can say because you mainly get bad news here. "

" I wouldn't say that's true. Sometimes you can get good news, like finding out you're pregnant, diseases free, or free of Cancer. "

" Well, when you put it that way. " He jokes.

The door opens and a chocolate man in a white coat comes from behind it. He scans the room looking at his clipboard in hand. " Pièrre Vincent? " He calls out.

" Van-Holt. " Pièrre corrects standing up as I stand with him. He grabs my arm as I guide him towards the door.

" I can take him from here sir. " The Doctor says, stopping me from going any further.

He ain't even have to do all of that.

" Actually, I would like him to come with me. I'm comfortable with him. " Pièrre says.

" I'm good out here P. I don't really want to be all in your personal business man. " I reject.

" Can you stop giving me a hard time and come on? " Pièrre says.

" Are you sure? " The Doctor asks again.

" Yes. " Pièrre nods. I give the Doctor a smug expression walking back to Pièrre's side. He's lucky I'm in a good mood today or he would've got his ass rocked. Ole' mark ass. He walk ahead of us directing the way for us to go. We follow behind him until we get into the examination room. Once we're in there I help Pièrre up onto the examination table and take a seat next to him in the chair. The Doctor closed the door turning to us as he looks over his charts.

" I'm Doctor Sovo and I will be your physician for the day. What brings you by today, Sir? "

" Well, I already know it's stupid, but I would like to get tested for HIV and any other diseases. I also want to get my shots. " Pièrre says, causing me to look over at him. I wasn't actually aware of what he wanted to come here for. Now I know.