FMP | 6

A/N: This chapter contains gay sex ☺️😂 If you don't care for it then please stop reading after you see the time jump to the weekend 😜👄 . Just a heads up.

Zamiere Saetta

8th Grade

     This year was it. The final year of middle school to soon be faced with adulthood. Each school year that I successfully complete is an accomplishment. The years seemed to be speeding by. I would be turning thirteen in a couple of days. Excited that I would finally be old enough to stay out late and go places on my own. Since my mother gave birth to my little brother Cayron she became tolerable. All of her attention was towards the new baby, but when she could she shared her affection.

     Antonio finally managed to get closer to home. Having him around made the family finally feel whole.  I was happy to have a positive male figure around me. I hadn't told him about Karlton and me just yet. I wasn't even sure what it was that Karlton and I were doing. One minute we would be inseparable the next we would be distant. I think it was our dynamic. I knew Karl wanted more than I was ready to give at the moment. He knew about sex but wasn't willing to move at my pace. Even when I tried to talk myself into doing something with him it was never authentic.

     I confessed to Temir about my sexuality. He didn't take it How I thought he would. That judgment that Antonio often spoke of reared its ugly head. I just wanted someone to confide in about what I was going through. At first, I was confused on Temir's reaction. We had been close friends for a year. I didn't tell him who I was with, but he asked what was up and I told him. He started calling me every name under the sun. Words I'd never heard before but stung each time they were said. Our friendship flushed down the toilet in the blink of an eye.

     It was safe to say the friendship between Temir and I was over. He told anybody who would listen that I was gay as if I tried to come on to him. I didn't get what it was that he couldn't accept. The fact that I was gay or the fact that I wasn't gay with him. I told Karl of the news and e wasn't too happy about it. I thought he would have my side and defend me, us even! He didn't do such. He could only focus on how it was my fault, and if it got out that we were together he'd hate me.

     Each day I went to school I felt like eyes were constantly on me. I could hear the whispers as I walk past. I even felt like teachers knew of what was being said. At lunch, I had no one to sit with. I was back to where I started an antisocial loner. Karl wouldn't be seen with me at school, but apologized for it and hoped that I understood his reasoning.

" If people see me with you. They'll think I'm gay. "

     Those words stuck with me and followed. They seeped into the darkest parts of my mind. Each day I dreaded going to school. I never knew what to expect or what would come out next. Seeing my friendships deteriorate and revert back like we never knew each other was hard. I had a thick shell around me. I became numb to words that used to make me feel less than. Temir was my biggest critic. The lies he spread about me weren't fair. We did have a friendship but that didn't matter to him. He was trying to fit in with the rest of the hecklers.

" Don't worry about them! There is nothing wrong with who you are. " A girl sat next to me at lunch. I didn't know her from a can of paint. " My name is Janea. You're Zamiere right? "

     " Yeah. " I replied.

" I keep hearing about you. I don't know why everyone is so worried about you. I hate when people judge someone over their life's choices. I like girls and boys and people not coming for me. " She explained.