FMP: 15

I let down the window blowing out smoke from the hookah pen I held in my hand. I had my friend Joaquin come scoop me because I needed someone I could trust to come with me while I go view this car. It was time for me to stop utilizing other people's vehicles to get around. Before I made a move into my own apartment I needed a car first and foremost.

" So where you meet this dude? " Joaquin asks.

     " I haven't met him. I have been talking to him for about a month about buying his car. I like to think it was the charm that made him not sell it. "

" I meant where did you get in contact with him from? "

     " I follow this page on Facebook and they're always uploading cash cars for sale. He is one of the sellers. "

" Why not just get a car note? "

     " Because I just want my first car with no strings attached. I don't want my shit repossessed once I can't pay. "

" I feel you. I got the gun under the seat just in case. Niggas are crazy out here. "

     " Good looks but I don't think it'll be that type of situation. "

" How did you end up getting the money up for it? I know your broke ass can't be making that much at McDonald's. " He laughed.

     " I've been able to put in overtime and save up. It isn't that hard when you really focus on what you want. My Stepdad may have slipped me the last $1500 I need for the car. He told me he was saving it to give to me after graduation. "

" We graduated how long ago? "

     " I was thinking the same! The car $3500. It only has 80,000 miles. I think that's a good deal. I was going to use it as the down payment on an apartment but I need a car more than anything. "

" That is smart when you put it that way. Your Mom know he gave you the money? "

     " Hell no! It's between the two of us. He's really had my back since my Mom and I been beefing. I know he wants to be neutral but he knows she is wrong most of the time. "

" I think he's a cool guy. I wish my Dad was around to help me. " he sighs.

      " Where he went? " I ask, his Dad leaving was news to me.

" No where that nigga just be in bed all of the time. "

      I punch him in the arm. " Had me thinking he walked out on y'all ass. "

" My mama would break his legs before he could. " He laughs.

     I turn the radio up and enjoy what was playing for the rest of the ride. Eventually, we arrived to the parking lot. We rode around two times because I didn't see the guy standing outside. Once I finally spotted him we pulled up next to him smoking a cigarette leaning on the car. He looked exactly like in the photos so that's a good sign. Joaquin cuts off the car as we both step out. He puts out his cigarette looking between the both of us.

" Wassup. " He greeted. " Which one of you is Zamiere? "

     " Me. " I step forward holding out my hand to shake his. " She's beautiful. " I complimented looking at the car.

" I appreciate it. She might be yours if you like it. " He says, stepping aside. I walk around the car overlooking it. The inside looked clean, the tires looked new, and it smelt fresh on the inside. " Don't be scared! Sit down in it! " He urged.

     Anxiously, I sat down inside the car. My palms were sweaty and heart pumping fast with glee. He had the air on full blast. The radio looked brand new, and the car just felt fresh. I knew at that moment I was instantly in love with this car. " Can I test drive it? " I ask.