Confronting

Before he wakes up and tells me shit that he didn't knew anything about it, i left early in the morning bidding the children and the caregivers a goodbye. I told them that I'll visit soon again (when he won't be there). The children were sad cause i didn't spend much time with them but i also couldn't stay. I gave them all chocolates and they got happy. My happiness. Since today is still Sunday, i am going to chill out at ome with Liz. It's been long since we both have spent time together as she's busy with her stuff but today i called her home to catch up. She never declines my offer. Bestfriend over lover. I like it.

It is what it is. It was 10 in the morning when i got Ashton's call. I won't pick it up. I knew he'll call again and again to ruin my day so i texted him 'I won't pick up your call today so let me live in peace. I'll be there on Monday to work.' i thought he'll not agree but he replied with 'okay'. That's suspicious. How did he agree so soon. There has to be something coming. Anyways, i am not going to forgive him.

Ding dong. Liz must be there. I hurried to open the door and found her with a bunch of snacks. "So.....long and nice chill out plan" i welcomed her. "Yeah i got snacks so let's have our day" she replied keeping the stuff on the table. I was happy to spend time with her. We both release our stress whenever we talk. It's so nice to have a bestfriend, to whom you can share everything and have a shoulder to cry on if something goes wrong. We chatted for a very long time, i missed this. She told me about things going with her and the office guy. Happy news -: they have gone to some dates. Maybe they'll soon come in a relationship. She gets soo tired with her job, she barely takes leave and attends calls on weekends too. I think i am lucky at this. Like......if i see my condition then....i do throw tantrums at him but what he does is also not good. I spaced out so many times while Liz was talking to me, thinking about him. I should just focus on work from tomorrow and leave. No drama, no stress. We saw 2/3 good movies together. They were funny. We laughed our heart out after so long. She felt sleepy so she went in the guest room which is her 2nd room practically cause only she sleeps there. Well i don't mind too.

I cleaned all the mess we created cause it was actually late and i had to be on time from tomorrow and try not to throw any tantrums or I'll get fired. God we ate some much. It's like a never ending saga. Whole hall is messed up, well that's what we get for spending time after so long.

Ding dong. Wait what! Who's there this late? Liz is in her room, i am here then who's out? We didn't order anything. It's odd so i took a bat, hid it behind me and opened the door half. "Hey" Ashton!!! How! Why! "What are you doing here?" I asked. I was so surprised by his visit this late. "Can i get in please?" He asked standing on the door. Good manners Jennifer. "Yeah please come" i took him in and kept the bat on its place. I anyways got it for safety only. "You.....had a guest?" He asked me getting in the hall. "Yeah, we were just hanging out." I replied casually. "This late? Is it a guy?" Why does he wanna know!?

"Why are you here?" I asked getting straight to the point. "Look jennifer, i swear i didn't know about this. I was in the office washroom when this happened. I did have our conversation recorded that too accidentally cause i was talking to someone and that someone was already slept by the time we started talking that night. My phone has auto call recorder so it got recorded. I have 0 idea how it got leaked. I would never do that. Why would i wanna ruin our perfectly going friendship?" He tried to explain me. My heart was so much longing for this explanation. My heart knew it can't be him. Why would someone have a dinner set up for a friendship and then ruin it like this. But my mind still didn't give permission.

Suddenly his phone rang and he picked it up. "Hello" he paused for sometime and then continued "okay fire her right now." Wait what !? Fire? Who? Me? But what did i do? You shouldn't have thrown so many tantrums at your boss. Now suffer. Shut up Intuition. Ashton then held my hand, pulled me closer and turned me around. My back was touching his chest. God he's so strong and handsome. Well he is and your finally agreeing. He played a video of Ashton's office and i saw..... Kathrine? Going through his phone. How the hell can this bitch do that? It's her boss!! She then looked at her phone and smiled. This means....she leaked the audio. Why? What's wrong with her? "Jennifer, look i really didn't do it. Can't believe a women can do this to a women." Yeah well, women are very crazy. But she? What have i ever done to her?

"You fired her?" I asked. "Yes i did." Saying this, he back-hugged me. Putting his arms just above my chest. "Don't ever jump to conclusions this soon. If you can't see anything, doesn't mean that doesn't exist." He.....said the exact same words my mom use to tell me. I was almost in tears. Mom......i love you. Thank God he came to tell me this otherwise, i would have held a grudge against him for long. "How did you find my house?" I asked him. That's a point cause no one knows about it. " I......am sorry but i watch you go home safely every day. I am sorry, i won't do it again." He said all in one breath. He cares about my safety. He wants to know if i safely reached home and he himself did this. He's soo good. "It's okay." I replied. He then turned me around and held my chin, looking straight into my eyes. "I had to come this late cause i couldn't stay at peace knowing that you have misunderstood me. Your important to me." Saying this he kissed me!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you liked the chapter (◕ᴗ◕✿)
Loads of love to y'all 💞