New, newer and old faces. (Im back.)

A:N:Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I'm back! I also have a little writers block for the vigilante/villain deku story because I don't have a clue how adoption works, so I'm sorry if anyone read that story! I've also had some exams but their done and I'm back now, anyways, you may notice the spacing change with both stories. I realised I have a hard time with reading blocks of words, so I decided to space out my own stories more. Also I've been meaning to tell you RWBY in this story is slightly aged up by a few years, so if they act a little more mature, traumatised or just a bit older, that's why.
P.S sorry for the long A.N.

    Team RWBY was escorted back to their room or as the guards called it their "containment unit". As they neared the familiar room they noticed two men standing outside one had hazel hair and the other was blond.

     They were talking, well one was talking from what Ruby could see. The blond one was picking at his fingernails and looking at the ground, while the hazel man spoke. The man who was talking must have heard our footsteps because he turned to face us."Ah, speak of the dev_l . " He laughed, Yang didn't want to be a cynical Blake, but the laugh sounded a little artificial to her. Weiss on the other hand, couldn't help but notice that he looked quite attractive, though she immediately shook that thought off, embarrassed.

     The closer they got the clearer Weiss could see the mans face, his smile was gentle and slightly crinkled his dark eyes Yang and Blake exchanged unsure looks. Sure he seemed nice, but still his smile.. There was not only hints of smugness, which Yang hated,  but also something unpleasant that the brawler just couldn't place her finger on, all she knew was that she didn't like it.

     Blake was trying to be more trusting but those eyes, those eyes.. They were just like the ones that White Fang members who joined just to cause suffering had, they were empty black abyss that Blake was afraid she might fall into if she stared for too long.

Ruby smiled "Hello!" She greeted and waved as the guards escorted them towards the men, the blond man looked up towards which startled her as instead of a face like she had expected, she was met by a metal mask.

     "Woah. Sooo, like do you wear that all the time?" Yang awkwardly asked, attempting to start some small talk. "Uh-w-well I uh g-guess-I guess uh-maybe, wait no-I-I mean-" he stumbled over his self contradicting words before he was cut off. "Ah, ah, ah, I think it will be better if I do the talking now don't you think?" The brown haired asked,well, he phrased it like a question, but it was more like he was just emphasising his point. His smile remained but Blake noticed that his eyes were just slightly less crinkled.

     "To answer your question, yes -well almost all of the time at least.." He answered vaguely, "Oh, why? Does it have something to do with his se-sleep or something?" Ruby asked having a split second of panicking internally as she had almost revealed a secret. "Sleep? Ah, well no. That is an odd question though.." The hazel haired man pointed out, he had an eyebrow raised but his smile only grew wider.

     "Ah-well you see I was just wondering since you said that he wore his mask most of the time, if maybe he wears it when he sleeps- I-I should have phrased it better though.." Ruby chuckled nervously as she built up a lie. "Ah, well I do suppose that makes sense." He admitted, he sounded like he bought it but Yang saw him narrow his eyes, still with that stupid smug smile.

    "Oh.. you must not like me.. right?.." He guessed, his eyes were on Yang, and she realised that she might have been glaring. and for the first time since meeting him, his over animated posture vanished and his shoulders slumped in a dramatic way. "Huh?" Weiss noised, rapidly looking back and fourth between her teammate and the stranger in confusion.."Um?.. I..But why would Yang hate you?" Ruby asked, confusion and caution evident in her voice as she finally picked up on some of the tension.