Chapter 4 - Training (II)

Keigo followed Usagiyama as she took the lead and walked towards their starting point. As they walked, Keigo looked through the materials that had been added.

"What's this?" He asked, holding up a roll of white tape.

Usagiyama hummed in thought, before tapping the device in her ear twice. "Torino-sensei! What's the white tape for?" She asked.

A sigh was heard on the other side of the communication line. "Unlike the villains, you two have the advantage of quirk - cancelling handcuffs. The tape is meant to represent them. If you manage to wrap it around a villain, they are immobilized for the rest of the match. Think of it as a way to even out the win by default bonus the villains have." He explained.

Usagiyama grinned, turning to face Keigo. "You know what this means?"

"No, not really." Keigo replied.

"It means we practically have this in the bag!" She exclaimed, picking up the pace.

"What do you mean?" Keigo asked.

"Look, my quirk is Rabbit, which y'know, gives me the abilities of a rabbit. I have incredible leg strength, I can hear frequencies of about 35,000Hz, but I'm pretty sure I can improve that. I can also hear up to a mile away. I also have this 'Rabbit sense', but it only activates in really bad scenarios." Usagiyama explained.

Keigo wanted to ask what bad scenario happened for her to discover that ability, but refrained from doing so. It was probably a bad memory and he didn't know what he'd do if he indirectly made Usagiyama start having a panic attack.

"My quirk is Fierce Wings. I can telepathically control each and every one of my feathers, and I can also sharpen them at will. And the last obvious thing, I can fly. I also have really good eyesight, though the visor helps as well." Keigo told her.

Usagiyama hummed again. "Weaknesses? I don't really have any notable ones."

Keigo flushed pink a little. "Fire. It burns my feathers."

"How did you find out?"

"I tried to roast marshmallows by using my feathers as a stick."

The bunny themed girl clicked her tongue. "Then you and Todoroki wouldn't be a good match up. I'll restrain him, while you can go for Shimura."

"We don't even know his quirk!" Keigo said, surprised. "Both my quirk and Todoroki's quirk can be long range. We don't need you getting close and accidentally getting burned."

"Hm, you're right." Usagiyama commented, as they reached the starting point.

"I'm pretty fast, so I'll go in first and locate them with my eyes. I'll head in front of them, so they'll try to take a different route. That's where you come in. You'll block their exit, so we'll have them trapped. Then, we'll handcuff them and boom! We win."

Usagiyama nodded. "We'll do that, though I'm still wary of Shimura."

Keigo flicked his hand in a dismissive gesture. "We'll figure it out when we get there."

Usagiyama pursed her lips. "We can't underestimate him."

"We'll retreat and form a new plan if this one doesn't work. Think of this as a test plan so that we can account for the unknown variable of Shimura's quirk." Keigo assured, removing the headphones from his shoulders and unto his ears.

"But we only have 10 minutes!"

"Then we'll just have to be fast, which is something I'm great at. Don't sweat it so much Rumi-san. It'll be fine." Keigo winked, as the starting horn blew, signalling the start of the exercise.