𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 || Morax x reader

Morax aka zhongli x gender neutral reader

✨something sad✨ idk

——————————————————————————

( this will take place during the archon war )

"Morax?"

Your voice rang through the ears of the male who sat at the edge of a cliff, watching his folk through the thin shade of clouds that the mountains pierced through as his ash-brown hair danced in the winds, his head slightly turning to the side towards the voice that he had heard as his white hood was still hiding most of his face before he looked down at the people again.

"( Y/N ). You shouldn't be here, it's too dangerous"

Morax had said as you just slightly chuckled at this, not minding his indirect way of telling you to go away. You knew he was just worried about your wellbeing due to you being the god of a whole other nation and if someone would see you together, it surely would bring diplomatic problems with it.

You stepped closer towards the edge as you sat down besides Rex Lapis, swinging your legs back and forth a little as you leaned forward, also watching the citizen of Morax's nation walking around as a lot of guards were placed around for the case of an attack of another nation.

As you leaned even further, Morax's arms immediately reached out to the side, in front of you as he pushed you back the slightest bit, avoiding you falling down the cliff if you would even move an centimeter further as he then sighed.

"Don't be reckless, ( Y/N )"

"And what if I am?"

You said in a kinda teasingly voice as you looked to your side, Morax now also turning his head towards you as his Amber orbs looked into your ( E/C ) ones, looking rather worried. It was just how you were; making jokes about everything even though it was serious. It wasn't that Morax don't liked it, he was just worried that this carefree attitude would lead you to your deathbed one day and that was something he wasn't willing to accept.

The male wanted to be by your side, he wanted to keep you close and safe but he knew there was no way for you to be safe if you would be near him, so he made a decision, even though it wasn't easy for him.

"I should leave now..."

Morax said in a low tone, as he lowered his head, the white hood hiding his face again as he then stood up, his clothes slightly moving with the wind as the Amber strands of his hair dancing within it.

"Huh? Why leave so soon?"

You asked as you looked up, your joking facade fading as you could almost sense the uneasiness in Morax's tone, about to stand up as well as the male looked down on you again, just stopping you from moving with his look as you viewed him, not knowing what to do as you felt something was off.

"Till we meet again..."

It was almost a whisper as the male had said that before he jumped from the cliff, turning back to his original dragon form as you watched the brown-golden reptile like form fading in the clouds as he flew far away. Your thoughts were everywhere and nowhere at the same time, feeling kinda strange.

You didn't knew it at that moment, but that decision that Morax made would greatly influenced you. You tried to find him days after that meeting, looking everywhere as you even neared his nation further than you should, not finding a trace of where the male would be.

Days, weeks, month — it passed so much time that you had lost count of time, not knowing how often you tried to find a hint of where Rex Lapis was as you came to his usual spot on top of that mountain every day.

Once again, you sat on the edge of the mountain, hugging your legs as you watched the people down there in boredom. It was lonely without the male.

"Where are you... Morax?"

You didn't knew why he left — or rather don't wanted to believe the obvious. You were aware of him wanting you to be safe but you yourself didn't cared about your own wellbeing as soon as you could be his side. It was unfair.

"Come back soon, please..."

You just hoped for his return one day but as years passed, you lost that hope — you felt empty. That wasn't what Morax wanted, he wanted you to be happy and he still wanted to be there for you as he saw your lonely figure from afar. It broke his heart. But he knew he had no other choice. For the sake of your own wellbeing, he let a distance between you.

Maybe one day, he would return and hold you close, protecting you from close and being there to fill that lonely spot in your heart — maybe you just had to wait a little longer

——————————————————————————

A/N

I kinda feel like this one-shots are all pretty crappy :,P

But I still won't stop writing them MUHAHA( ò ω ó )

Anywayssss, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and
had / have a good day! See you hopefully soon <33

~ Author-Chan