𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 || Childe

Childe x gender neutral reader

Modern AU

!! Angst !! A lot mentioning of blood, death etc.

——————————————————————————

It was yet another ordinary day for you as you left your apartment and locked it afterwards, slowly walking down the streets of the already busy town. People around you walked or drove to their working places and so did you, stopping at Starbucks on the way to get a coffee and continuing your way to the bank afterwards where you worked at now already a few years. On the way, you heard your phone ringing in your bag and pulled it out, seeing that your boyfriend, Childe called.

"Good Morning honeyyy~" the male sounded like a small kid as he greeted you, causing you to laugh at him for a moment before greeting as well. He would call almost every morning to see if your alright, even though there was not a single day before that there was something that should concern the ginger head, he still wanted to call you. He was working by the police and was responsible for mostly murders or just simple thefts, that's why you thought that it was rather your job to check on him and not the other way round. He had a whole lot of people who honestly wanted to kill him because he was the one getting them in prison. He did a great job, even though it sometimes seemed like he wouldn't take his job seriously.

As you were on the phone and talked to Childe, you heard someone in the background yelling at the ginger head before you heard another voice on the phone. "Sorry ( Y/N ), Childe had a lot of work to do, I'm breaking up the call" you heard Scaramouche, an old friend of you and Childe, even though he wouldn't admit it because of his pride or something.

You just giggled, hearing your boyfriends voice in the back as he yelled at the other male to give back his phone before the call abruptly ended. You smiled to yourself before continuing your way towards the huge building at the end of the street and as soon as you reached it, you opened the door and were greeted by Jean who was already walking back and forth inside, seeming like she did all of her daily work even before the bank opened.

"Ah, good morning ( Y/N ), your early today" the female greeted, smiling while you returned the gesture and made your way to the back rooms, putting away your belongings and went over to the counter in the front and made everything ready before the bank would open in a few minutes.

Short after, Ayaka also hurried inside and apologized for being late for work before she quickly went to set up everything for the day as well. The first hours went on pretty smoothly as you had just five people till now who either had a few questions regarding their bank account and the others came to deposit money personally. Today it was just you and Ayaka who had to be on the counters while Jean was sorting some things in the archive.

"Hmm, sometimes I wish this job would not be that boring..." you said as Ayaka just chuckled while she was recently checking on some information for two costumers standing in front of her on her PC. other then them, there were two females in the bank who talked about some things in terms of their bank account or something. You wondered what Childe just did — he was probably running after a criminal on the street, you know, the interesting stuff. You were so in thoughts that you didn't noticed another person coming in the bank before a very loud noise and and a scream was suddenly heard, immediately causing you to look up to see the person with a mask covering their whole face, wearing completely black clothes. But the thing that stood out the most were the gun that they were holding.

"Everyone on the ground and hands behind your head! Don't move and you won't die!!" They shouted as you figured it must be an adult man unter the mask due to the deep and husky voice. All the people — except for you and Ayaka who just put your hand behind your head, laid on the ground immediately.