𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 || Xiao

Xiao x gender neutral reader

Angst

( A/N: here you have a Xiao classic with Angst at the end because we all love angst, don't we? Oh and btw, I didn't looked out for any mistakes here so I'm sry for that 🙋‍♀️ but I'm tired af )

——————————————————————————

Sitting at the roof of the Wangshu Inn, a certain Yaksha watched the setting sun while waiting for hours already — the Jade spear of his was placed on his back as he impatiently tapped with his fingertips on the reddish roof, his eyes averting left and right to look for the person he was waiting for.

Who that person was? It was you, who else.

You met the Adepti a few months ago as as you accidentally ran into a group of ruin guards while just exploring the area in Liyue even more — not being able to properly protect yourself at this moment since you didn't even had a vision or weapon — so you just tried to run away, what was a miserable mistake as you ran into a Hillichurl camp.

Being the one given the task to protect the people of Liyue, Xiao saved you from this... critical situation as he just needed a few seconds to defeat all the opponents, leaving you stunned. After this incident, you followed the Yaksha towards the inn to thank him — just that he tried to avoid your presence, not wanting to have any contact with mortals back there.

But to his dismay, Verr Goldet — the owner of the Inn, had told you that Xiao was there most of the time, causing you to visit more often, just for you to thank the Adepti some day. And just to you luck, at some point, Xiao appeared at the balcony so that you could say your thanks and go again — but then again, it didn't went how the male wanted it to because you just decided to visit him after that.

And after some time not appearing again, the Yaksha just decided to sit down besides you when you told him about random stuff that happened in your life while he would just listen — or not.

But if Xiao was all honest to himself, as the month passed, he began to wait for you to come so he could listen to your story's, and obviously got a bit attached to you, even if he didn't wanted to. After all, the was an Adepti — being immortal while you were a mortal, not living long enough to accompany Xiao that long.

And that was what made the male concerned — that you didn't lived that long and there were enough things in this cruel world to make this period of time even shorter. What urged him was that you said you didn't needed a weapon or a vision — only causing Xiao to be even more worried of you didn't showed up at the inn. The Adepti was honestly annoyed by the sudden feelings he felt — not knowing of he should be mad at you for this or mad at himself about that.

And as he then sat there again at the roof of the Wangsh inn, he got even more concerned then usual as you didn't showed up for way longer than you usually did.

"Tsk..."

The Yaksha stood up from his seat, jumping at the balcony and then down from there, searching through the area for a hint of where you recently were as he grew even more concerned as it was getting night — a dangerous hour for someone to wander around on their own.

The male continued his search as the stars were now seen on the night sky, the moon shining bright while Xiao had reached the area of Minlin, in the west, as he ran through this are as well, knowing that you liked to got there sometimes.

( imagine him to be at the marked place there 🧚‍♀️ )

It felt like walking through a small labyrinth as the male was surrounded by stone walls, walking left and right as he tried to not miss some place you might was, as suddenly, fast foot steps were heard — the sound of someone running towards where...

It felt like walking through a small labyrinth as the male was surrounded by stone walls, walking left and right as he tried to not miss some place you might was, as suddenly, fast foot steps were heard — the sound of someone running towards where Yaksha was who just listened for a moment before realizing that this probably could be you, wanting to run around the corner towards the foot steps but being stopped b someone bumping into the male as the person in front was throw back against the stone wall due to the impact.

Xiao's eyes widened as he saw that you were the one who now stood in front of him — firstly because of his relief to see you, but them quickly got replaced with a terrified look on his face — seeing you there in front while shaking heavily, blood dripping from the side of your head and some splattered all over your clothes and arms while you looked horrified like the male didn't saw anyone before.

You were in panic — that was clearly visible as you hastily looked on all directions, not even really noticing who this person in front of you was while your hearing was impaired how it seemed, causing you to only hear a loud and high pitched beeping due to your shock and the injury on your head, not allowing you to understand anything from what was going on around you.

You were disoriented and just wanted to get away from that place as soon as possible — wanting to run away as you turned to your side, wanting to run but were hold back by the male in front who gripped your shoulders, turning you towards him as you weren't even able to properly see him due to tears escaping your eyes.

You struggled to escape the grip of Xiao due to the adrenaline rushing through your body that didn't allowed you to think straight, just wanting to escape everything and run as fast as you could.

"( Y/N)!"

But you wasn't able to understand a single word, still struggling as Xiao tried to somehow hold you in place.

"( Y/N )!! What happened?!"

It was for no use as you just began to panic even more, wanting to escape the Yaksha's tight grip who was completely overwhelmed, not knowing what to do as he hold you in place, thinking about everything that would help you to calm down — just that he himself couldn't really think straight. So he did what just came into his mind — he kissed you. Just like that.

Your eyes widened as you felt your lips on Xiao's, calming down the slightest bit as you only now realized that it was the Adepti who stood there in front of you and had just kissed you.

You stood still on you place as the male backed away, shaking his head to himself as he didn't even knew why did what he just did, but pushed the thought back — acting like this Never happened.

"...Xiao"

"What happened, ( Y/N )?"

"...Fatui. I... I ran into a Fatui camp"

Your voice was silent as the male did never heard it before as he wiped some of the floor at the side of your head away and looked like he was ready to kill someone at his spot. You were still shaking heavily but the loud noise you heard the whole wine was slowly vanishing again what made you able to understand what the Adepti said.

As Xiao took note of you still not being completely at ease, he just stepped a bit closer again, embracing you into a hug that indeed, made you calm down a bit. You slowly hugged back, your head buried into the males chest as you sat down at the stone wall — the Yaksha still in a tight hug as this helped you to fight your panic attack.

You stayed like this for some time as you already feared the male nor being comfortable in this, but you couldn't care less that moment to be honest.

While you was collecting your mind, the male just swore to the Archons to kick some Fatui ass as soon as you would be safe.

——————————————————————————

A/N

And now here you have the promised one-shot ✨

I always think that the end of my story's are a bit... miserable. But ok maybe that's just me or maybe that's true, idk but I still hope you kinda enjoyed 🧚‍♀️

And I'm really sorry for any mistakes Bc I'm so tired that I don't even really think that it's me who is writing this right now 🚶‍♀️ so yeah, see you hopefully soon <333

~ Author-Chan