CHAPTER 1

Manya," I swear if you were not my best friend, I would have never come to this health camp".Ananya said,

when I just finished checking my last patient. It's just second day of our health camp and Ananya is stressed..

By the way I am Manya Shastri Neurosurgeon at Bandra's famous hospital , currently I am on a health camp in Udaipur. I usually do health camps to create awareness and treat people for free.. and Ananya accompanies me every time and everywhere. She is a cardiothoracic surgeon in the same hospital I work for and she is my only bestest friend. We are together since our kindergarten ,we completed our schooling together and got scholarship at London school of medicine and now we work together as doctors in same hospital.

Udaipur is really beautiful.. It is known as the City of Lakes. Marble palaces, forts , beautiful laid gardens, culture,history, tradition everything has my heart. Though this is my third time in Udaipur, I am still left with surprises everytime and to my amaze there is still a Royal family and people respect them till date! Interesting isn't it?

I will be going to the Royal palace, Kesar Mahal on the last day of my camp to check Royal family and I am completely excited!!

5 DAYS LATER...

Today is the last day of our camp, and I am all set to visit Kesar Mahal but as usual Ananya is late..

As we entered the palace we were startled in amusement..The long corridors, number of pillars reflected the royal Rajasthani era. As we entered through one of the marble arches, we were out of words. Everything was beyond our imagination and the interiors were something we had never seen in our life..

A man around 40 years welcomed us and asked us to sit. We sat still looking at the beauty of the mahal..

" I wish, I was a queen". Ananya said, disturbing my thought.
"Why?". "If I was a queen I would have lived in this palace wearing rich diamonds,royal sarees. Thinking these only makes me happy"and she started to imagine.

I didn't reply but started to think about what she just said. "Is it really so nice to become a queen?" My thoughts were once again disturbed, but this time it was not Ananya but it was a girl who was in her mid-20's.

She was really pretty with a lovely smile and wore a sari with minimum jewels and her pallu was covering her head and she wore sindoor.

She greeted us and introduced herself to be Payal Singh Gaekwad. "are you here for the medical check-up?" Even before she finishes.

Ananya replied "Yes! We are here for the check-up".

And I continued "Can you please give us medical history of the family members before we start our check-up?" She was very kind and she gave all the information without second thought.

There were 7 people in the family and around 20 servants(so 2.5 servants for each member?). We decided to check the servants first and later the family.

There were two women who were around 55-60.They were really kind and had the royalty. Soon we got to know that one was the wife of late king Vijaypath Singh Gaekwad, Rani Sayani Singh Gaekwad and the other was her co-sister, Rukmini Singh Gaekwad(i.e late king's brother's wife). There were 2 young little kids, Suman and Shivam( late King's younger brother's children) and a girl who was around 18-20, Ardhana Singh Gaekwad(Late King's daughter). There was then, Rukmini Devi's son who was in his mid 20's, Kunal Singh Gaekwad. Payal was his wife.We completed checking all of them. They treated us very well and we were about leave when the little boy Shivam in the corner asked his sister Suman,"Samar bhaiya checkup nahi karvayenge Kya?" [Will Samar brother be not checked-up?]

And then a fair looking young man aged around 29-30 entered. He was tall around 6 feet had broad shoulders, charming and was devilishly handsome. Ananya was awestruck! looking at his body she had really fell for him... [Had to admit he was really good looking..]

When he came near my desk which was set-up in Royal palace's garden he started staring at me, without even thinking that his family was right there. I once felt "is he going to eat me or what?" I didn't even look at him and continued my check-up.. and said " you are perfectly fine!"

Without a waste of a second he questioned. " What's your name?" His voice was deep and strong. It made me nervous.

I froze... " Manya Shastri and I am Ananya Swaminathan " she replied and then he just murmered Manya Shastri..

He was Samarjith Singh Gaekwad the present king of Udaipur and powerful, enormously rich and most eligible bachelor of Rajasthan. Their family was one of the richest royal families.

Soon Rukmini Devi asked us to have lunch with them but we declined their invitation as we had flight to catch in next 3 hours back to Bandra..

AN's note:
How are they going to Meet? Two opposite personalities. Two different traditions. Two different families. in spite of these will the find love for each other.. Keep Reading!