AWKWARD

MANYA'S POV:

I was happy but at the same time I was scared. How will the family react to my going to New York to attend a medical conference? Samar has placed me in a tight spot. I am not going to spare this idiot, I thought and went to sleep. Today was my turn to sleep on the couch. To be honest sleeping on the couch is a little bit uncomfortable, but can't help have to adjust.

I woke up early. Today I was determined to learn how to wear a saree. I took a shower and came out in my bathrobe. I saw outside the closet and Samar was nowhere found. He might be working out. I took my phone and searched for a video on how to wear a saree.

It's been 25 minutes I am trying and this saree! I swear to god, it's irritating. Sometimes this pallu doesn't come out well, sometimes the pleats and if everything comes out well the saree itself  becomes loose and I can't walk but trip and fall down. I was frustrated and suddenly the closet door opened.

" I am sorry!"

 It was Samar. Both of us turned back. I was ashamed.

" I thought you were done. You are here for more than 30 minutes." He said nervously.

" Uhmm, actually I don't know how to wear a saree," I said shutting my eyes in embarrassment. Both of us were not looking at each other but I was embraced to death.

Samar's POV :

"I don't know how to wear a saree." The reply came

I don't know whether I should laugh or help her.

"Do you need any help?" I asked

Oh shit! What did I say, she is going to think I am a pervert. I immediately corrected it.
" I meant to say can I call someone?".

" I don't know" she replied.

 Oh goodness, Manya please reply properly. 

"Can you help?" She said biting her lower lip with embarrassment.

 I turned towards her and I could see her reflection in tin the mirror. She had turned to Tomato red.

I nodded my head in agreement. I slowly started walking towards her. She was scared I could guess by her body language. I slowly held her shoulders. She was shivering by now.

" I will close my eyes. Be calm". I said and turned her around with my eyes shut.

Author's POV:

Manya couldn't believe herself that she asked Samar to help to wear a saree.
Manya was bewitched by his touch. She didn't avoid it.
Slowly he took one end of the saree and asked her to tie it around her waist.
He was a gentleman. He didn't touch her but helped her to pleat and instructed them how to tie around her waist.
After 10 minutes both wear done with saree tieing session. Manya had her cheeks blood red from blushing whereas Samar couldn't even look into her eyes.

" Thank you" Manya mumbled slowly. And marched out of the closet. Samar went and decided to take a cold shower to pace down his heart which was currently running a marathon.

MANYA'S POV:

I went out of the room saying thank you. He was so close to me but thank god he didn't touch me.

I went towards the kitchen and saw Ma and Chachi discussing something. " Good morning," I said to both.

" Good morning " Maa replied. 

" Why are you so red Manya, is it hot?" Chachi asked and I was embarrassed. I simply didn't answer.

I think both of them understood I was shy. So they didn't interrogate further.
Then there was an awkward silence.

" Ma can I go to New York? I mean to the conference." I broke the silence.

" Yes of course, anyways it will be a nice opportunity for you both to know each other. " She said.
"It's good you are attending conference otherwise you would be a bored entire day, when Samar went to meetings." Chachi added.

I understood they were just agreeing because it's like the first trip of me and Samar after marriage. They neither care about my medical conference nor his business meeting.

I called Ananya to know if she is attending or not.

" Hello?" 

" Hello, so you remembered your friend after 1 week huh? What is my bhava is keeping you that busy? She started her same old melodrama after receiving the call. 

" Anu, will you listen to why I called?"

" Ha, rani(queen) please say why did you even call this Normal girl. " I rolled my eyes at her comment.

" Are you attending the conference in New York.?"

"No"came her reply.

"Oh! I got an invitation from them, and I think I will attend it with Samar"

"Woahhhh! Wait you attending it with Samar? You mean only you two will be going to New York. " she screamed  from the other end.

" Yes, he has some business meetings to attend. Ma and Chachi were reluctant to let him go. So that idiot said he will be taking me as I also have a conference to attend. " i said.

"You and Samar together, after marriage, for the first time, away from home, I am going to become aunt soon" she started to scream more.

" Ananya calm down!" and I explained what all happened, how Ma and Chachi reacted, not the incident which took in the morning. She will tease me to death if she gets to know about it.

" Stop Thinking! I know your brain is very powerful but don't use it for useless things. Leave in present and enjoy your partial honeymoon "she said and ended the call as she had to attend to patients.

I saw Samar's text and got to know we are leaving tomorrow. I thought of packing my things and decided to learn to wear a saree and called Payal to help me.

************************************
Will Manya learn how to wear a saree?😂. Stay tuned for #SaNya's partial honeymoon.