A New King

Jay was knocked unconscious for a while. Alexa showed no feeling on seeing him lie there. She wasn't herself. Jay's eyes moved. He slowly opened his eyes and raised his hands to show that he has not accepted defeat. He got up, rubbing the dust off of him. His head and body ached. Out of nowhere, his hand produced an excruciating pain.

The pain shot up his arm like fire. He cringed. It exploded in his head with a blinding whiteness and made him dizzy. It was like a knife being pierced into his arm nice and slowly, to make the pain last longer. He was in anguish. He looked at his hand and couldn't believe what he saw.

Above his rune, there was a black mold fabricating in a small patch. The crowd watched him experiencing this agonizing pain and felt it. They wanted to help him, but they couldn't. Damon, on the other hand, didn't feel sorry for him. He was happy. He knew what was composing. He knew what it would usher.

And, just when the pain was at its worst, it dissipated. The mold-like substance disappeared. Jay looked at his hand once again and saw a rune. Not the Jacks' rune. But an Ace rune. Damon's happiness shot up. So did the crowds'. They were now confident he would win. Alexa stood there, warming up her hands, generating a beam.

She shot it. But this time, Jay was ready. He blocked it with a shield of energy, radiating a brilliant blue hue. He fought back against Alexa. The two fought valiantly, evading each attack, spawning beams more powerful than the last. This went on for a long time.

"ENOUGH," Damon shouted.

Alexa stopped. Jay looked at her and saw the eyes he knew.

"Hey," He spoke.

Alexa hearing his voice looked over at him and rushed to hug him. An unknown fear that overtook her vanished as she hugged him. It was now replaced with a sense of safety. Her heart told her that now she was safe.

"Whoa," He exclaimed and hugged her back. He felt her heart pound fast.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah," There it was again. The moment they shared at the riverside. Their eyes locking on each other. Eyes that look so deep into each others'. His hands over her shoulders. Her innocent smile and her vibrant eyes made him forget what was happening and what had happened. They forgot their enmity.

"Hey lovebirds. Come over here," Damon exclaimed.

Their moment vanished. Jay walked over to Damon. Alexa left the arena.

"People of The Joker clan, you have witnessed the might and will of Prince Jordan. You have seen him fight using his wit and brawn. He didn't accept defeat even after being unconscious. I can say, with confidence, that he is fit to be The New Ruler Of The Clan..."

"WHAT?" Jay exclaimed.

"Congratulations," Damon spoke. "You have passed the test,"