A Tyrant's Last Promise To His People

Damon's Cottage.

"So... Jay, or should I say King Jay?" Damon spoke.

"What is this? Why did you proclaim me as the king?"

Jay asked. Damon looked at him with a certain look and spoke after a long pause.

"I'm dying, Jay,"

"Wh-what?"

"Correction. I've been dying,"

"How? Aren't you immortal?"

"Turns out that isn't true. Too much radiation has deteriorated my skin. My organs are defective. I've made two wishes. One was to prolong my life and the other was to restore my health. But its effects weren't permanent,"

"My god. Tell me what I need to do,"

"Did you know of a prophecy foretold by the elders? They foresaw the end of all four clans by a shower of fireballs. They forecasted my existence, your birth, your fate. They warned me that I would wage a war against the clans, but I ignored it. After that, I've been thinking of a way to make up. But now... I've failed."

He continued speaking.

"Did you know the first thing I created was pine trees? They had a certain life to them. Just be their king. I've told them about my condition and you long before,"

"What's gonna happen to you? Where will you be?" Jay asked, with sympathy.

"I'll be around. If my life ends, it'll be doing what I set out for,"

"What is that?"

"That's enough for now,"

With that, Damon left, handing Jay a kingdom before departure.

Jay first went to look for Alexa. He went to the arena where she was last seen. On the way, people bowed down to their new king, pledging their allegiance to him. He reached the arena. Alexa was now a fighter. She fought others for entertainment. As she was getting ready for her next fight, Jay approached her.

"Hey there, fighter,"

"Hey," Alexa responded, happily.

"How's the arena?"

"It's great. I have the freedom to express my powers without any limitations and no one to punish me. So... what's new?"

"Now now, is that how you speak to your king?" Jay spoke jokingly.

"Hey. You are the prince of a dead clan. Doesn't count as royalty,"

"So you haven't heard? That fight was to determine if I would be the next king of this clan. And guess what? Damon made me the king,"

"WHAT? OH MY GOD!!! That's amazing. Wait. Where's he gonna go?"

"I don't know. He'll be around, I guess,"

Shortly after, Jay left. Alexa had never been happier for him. But that happiness soon turned into suspicion. Among all this excitement, she forgot the past. All she remembered after falling into the hole was... nothing.