Fragmented

A cold and gloomy place. She made her hands glow to see.

She continued to explore the cave-like place. Strange. It felt like déjà vu. She was certain that she had walked through these very halls. That's when it came again. The throbbing pain in her head. The fragmented memory she saw earlier. It was more clear now.

In that memory, she was walking down the hall after falling down through the river. She heard a voice and turned back. Nothing. She heard a voice once again and turned back. Still nothing.

"Hey there," The voice spoke.

She turned. She saw an unknown man. His shape reminded her of the disfigured who chased them. Soon, the man morphed into a much less disfigured man. She got a look at the man before he knocked her out. It was Damon. He's the one behind it.

She followed him into a large hall. It was a base, lit by torches of fire. She hid behind a rock and peeked to get a closer look. Damon was looking at a wall. There was a handprint on that wall Damon looked at for some time.

"Father. It is done. The descendent of the Jack Tribe is now the king of the imperfects. It's all coming together. My plan to avenge you is almost complete. Now I'm off to New Earth. I shall only return once the whole world is in my hands. I wish to have your blessings, father,"

He placed his hand on the print and bowed down his head in respect. He raised his head and walked a few steps back and looked at a table. It had a large piece of paper.

"You can come out now... now that you've seen it all," He spoke.

Alexa didn't speak. She made no noise.

"It's no use, Come out now. I know you're there... Alexa,"

She stepped out of her hiding and walked forward.

"What is all this?" She asked.

"Oh. This, in the table, is the map of the whole world. Haven't you ever wondered if there were more people beyond the four clans? Beyond this clan? Beyond the Charr sector? I asked myself this question and found the answer,"

"So there are others like us?" she asked curiously.

"No. Not like us. Better than us. You see, we banished technology. But they... they worship them. They created a utopia where machinery and humans live in sync. They don't have strange powers like us,"

"How come only you know about this?" She asked.

"Ah. Now you've asked the million-dollar question?"

"What?"

"It's a figure of speech used by the old generation. It means you've asked the right question. I know about them cause I saw them in person. They had technology weaved into their bodies. It's like they forgot what had happened,"

"They might've. It's been centuries. So your plan is to rule them all? How is that any different from the old generation?"

"I'M NOT THE OLD GENERATION. STOP COMPARING ME TO THEM!!" Damon shouted.

"But it's true," She spoke.

"SHUT UP. You are the only anomaly I've encountered in my plan. Somehow you've managed to linger along with Jay. When I first saw you with him, I noticed something. He had feelings for you. The descendent of my enemy and an orphaned thief. This was my chance. And I took it. I was the one who impersonated Jay and reported you. Also, I did the same with Jay,"

"How dare you asshole?"

"Now now... You are of no use anywhere. No one's gonna notice you're gone. That means... even if I kill you, nobody cares,"