The Bird Attacks

Flik POV

 Dot took my hand and lead me to her clubhouse. Opening the hidden door, I jumped in with Dot following me close behind. Once my feet touched the ground I smiled at the frightened kids.

"Hello, kids! Ready to make grasshoppers cry?"

"It's payback time! Blueberry style!" Dot cried out once she landed next to me.

"Blueberries Rock!" all of the kids clapped and cheered.

We exited out of the clubhouse and returned to the others. Dot handed me the telescope that she had in the clubhouse and from a safe distance I watched the grasshoppers push the workers away from the food pile.

"Get going! Move it! Get goin'! Move your abdomens now!"

"They're rounding everyone up," I informed the circus bugs.

I turned to Maya, "On Gypsy's signal, fly the bird. I am going to get my slingshot and hide in the blades."

"What!?" Maya gasped. Maya grabbed my arm and pulled me back, "Are you serious? Leon, no. That's a bad idea-"

"We don't have time! We have to get the Queen now!" I interrupted her.

Maya nodded her head, "Be safe."

"You too."

I took off to grab my slingshot and the sack of rocks I hid behind the tree.

"Ladies and Gentlebugs--"

I heard Slim announce their arrival, and saw Maya leading the kids up the tree to the bird. Oh please be safe. I grabbed my weapon and told the other poison ants to spread out around the grasshoppers, and if something goes wrong, they have to be ready for an attack.

They nodded their heads and disappeared behind the blades and rocks. I went near the anthill, setting the sack of rocks by my foot. I looked up to see Jojo stand near me.

"Jojo.." I whispered. Jojo's antennas twitched towards my direction and she slowly turned her head to me.

Slowly, Jojo stepped away from the other grasshoppers, who were laughing as the circus bugs entertained them.

"Leon! What are you doing here?!" She whispered. I frowned, "I'm here to stop Hopper. What are you doing here?"

 Jojo sighed, "I told Maya about the attack and what Hopper was planning to do to the Queen." I nodded my head in understanding, and noticed Princess Atta sitting next to Hopper. Jojo looked over her shoulder to see who I was looking at, "Don't worry, Molt and I will keep her safe since your circus friends are going to hide the Queen." she said as Manny took the Queen's hand and lead her to the chinese box.

"Thank you Jojo." I stepped back hiding in the shadows as Jojo went back, going around the blades to Molt. I grabbed my slingshot and loaded it with a smooth, large rock.

"WAIT A MINUTE!"

I looked up to see Hopper stand, glaring at Manny, "Where is SHE?!"

"Well, now uhh..." Manny stuttered.

Gypsy jumped in front of Hopper, "I'm sorry, a magician never reveals his secrets." Manny nods his head behind his wife. Hopper steps over the table of food.

"I said, WHERE IS SHE?!"

The other grasshoppers snarled and growled at the circus bugs, surrounding them. Molt and Jojo quickly went in front of the princess, "Stay quiet princess and play along." Jojo whispered.

I saw Atta give the two grasshoppers a strange look, but listened to them. "Here we go!" I hear Maya communicate to me. I pull the sling back and waited for the bird to come down.

*CAW! CAW!*

Hopper looks up to see the bird drop down towards the gang, "AHHH! Bird! It's a bird." Hopper screams.

I turn my head to see the colony look at each other and ran around screaming. I smiled at this action. I aimed the rock at one of the grasshoppers and shot at his leg once the bird passed him.

"OWWW!" He screeched.

 I continued to aim rocks at them every time the bird passed by. I saw some of the colony quickly grab berries and smear them on their bodies to make it look like the were injured by the bird. I began laughing, as I looked up at the bird I saw it catch on fire.

"SHIT!"

I stood up from behind the rock, afraid that Maya and the kids are hurt.

"We're okay Leon." Maya communicated to me, "I am ushering the girls out of here."

The bird crashes next to the anthill near me. I quickly run to the bird with the colony behind me. All of the kids ran out of the bird with a grey female ant trailing close behind. I stop the second I felt a hand on my shoulder, as Hopper grabs the female and Dot.

"WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS? HUH?" Hopper yells, "Was it yours princess?" he sneered.

Dot whimpered as the older squirmed, "Get behind me girls, it will be okay." Atta tried to be brave. I turned my head to see Mr. Soil stand next to me, looking concerned, "What are you doing here? He will kill you!" he whispered quietly.

I turned to see Hopper tower over Atta, quickly, I shook off Mr. Soil's hand and ran up to them.

"No, Leon!" I heard Mr. Soil whisper.

"LEAVE HER ALONE HOPPER!"

Hopper stops and quickly turns around to see me stand next to the beak of the burning bird.

"The bird was my idea! I'm the one you want!"

"He will hurt you!" Maya communicated, but I didn't care. Let him hurt me if he sends Thumper to attack me, the poison ants are ready to fight.