The Cold Peaks Of Sinnoh

Ash POV
   “Hello once again Sinnoh” I yawned as I stepped off the plane that brought me here.

“Pika!”

“Yeah, me too buddy. I want to see how Dawn's been after all this time.” We walked from the airport and walked all the way to Dawn’s hometown and I saw her house. I looked exactly the same as it did all those years before and well the town in general was still as peaceful as ever. But instead of knocking on her door I decided to go to Professor Rowan’s Lab to see if he knew where all the signatures were coming from. We reached the lab and inside we heard a female voice who seemed to be trying to get the professor’s attention.

“Professor, I have all the paperwork you asked for! Can you please come down and make sure it's all sorted out and done properly?” We walked inside and saw a tall female with a white lab coat on and with blue hair that went down to her shoulders.

“Dawn?” The female kept looking through the paperwork but she heard me and spoke up.

“One second, we've been working on this for weeks and I think we're just about to learn where th-” She turned and her eyes grew wide with shock. “Ash? Ash Ketchum?”

“Yeah, it's me.” She took a few steps towards me with her hands raised to her chest.

“But which one are you?” I simply smiled and raised my hand into the air and she started to tear up. She raised her hand too and we high fived each other just like the day we left. Almost immediately she pulled me into a hug and started to cry.

“Dawn, you don't have to cry you know…”

“I can't help it. I haven't seen you in such a long time. At least the real you.”

“Well I’m here now, and I'm hoping you could help me with something.”

“Shoot.”

“There are these weird signatures that we picked up all the way in Kanto, and we have a bad feeling about them.”

“We’ve been getting them too. We can't seem to figure out where it originates from.” I walked over and studied the papers that dawn brought out. Among them was a map of the entire region with a few areas marked with a blue dot.

“Whats this?” She stopped what she was working on and looked at the map.

“Oh that? Those are the hotspots we have found, but they are just so random, we can't see any relationship between them.” I looked at the map and studied it.

“Dawn, there is a pattern here.”

“What where?”

“Connect the dots. If you connect all the dots together and bend the lines a little bit, you get a perfect circle. So, there.” I said pointing to the middle of the circle. “That's where I have to go.”

“What, no you can’t go there. No one goes there.”

“What’s there?”

“Turnback Cave.”

“Sounds inviting.”

“Ash, this isn’t something to joke about. People who go in there say it's a maze. And people who have stepped past the first room have never been seen again.”

“Well, that is out of the question since I have to check it out.”

“Fine then, I’m going with you.”

“You don’t have to come, I’ll be ok alone.” I watched as she continued to pack her bad and then proceeded to put on her hat. “There’s no changing your mind is there?”